Federal Work Study - Library Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Located in the vibrant community that is Gwinnett County, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is a technology-rich, financially affordable, four-year institution with an access mission, housed on a modern 260-acre campus, 30 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.
GGC's transformative model of education prepares students to be life-long learners through the four pillars of scholarship, leadership, service and creativity. With a diverse student body of over 11,000 and a similarly diverse faculty and staff of 1,300+, the college embraces innovative approaches to education and administrative services through an inclusive culture.
Georgia Gwinnett College recognizes the talents of its faculty and staff as the institution's most critical asset. Essential to the college's mission is the critical need to attract, retain, and engage a diverse and highly qualified workforce. In addition to the University System of Georgia's expansive benefit and retirement offerings, employees who have completed six months of regular full-time service with GGC are eligible for the system's Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). This program fosters the development and professional growth of employees through tuition assistance for eligible courses at any of the system's 26 institutions.
The University System of Georgia's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits for eligible positions, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision plans, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave and retirement savings plans. More information can be found by visiting the USG Benefits webpage: https://benefits.usg.edu/
The mission of the Georgia Gwinnett College Library is to support the institutional goals of the College by serving the information and research needs of its students, faculty, and staff. The library also serves as a resource center for the Gwinnett County community. Our Student Assistants play an integral role in helping us achieve this mission.
- Greet and direct library visitors to appropriate staff/departments
- Perform various circulation activities (checking library materials in and out, renewals, etc.)
- Collects payments for fines and fees and fills out transaction slips.
- Assist patrons in locating library materials using Library of Congress classification system.
- Assist patrons in using self-checkout machines, and other library equipment such as; computers, copiers, scanners, and printers.
- Answer incoming phone calls at the GGC Library Circulation Desk.
- Answer walk-up questions from library patrons; directs patrons to other staff/departments as needed.
- Assist with basic Reference Inquiries.
- Sorts and shelve library materials.
- Monitor security gate alarms.
- Assist in maintaining the appearance of the library, keeping it neat and orderly.
- Participate in collection maintenance activities.
- Scan library materials for document delivery and electronic reserves.
- Submit help desk tickets for troubleshooting library equipment.
- Perform related work as required.
The library has a wide range of hours to cover. Library hours are Monday - Thursday 7:30am to 10:00pm, Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm, Saturday 1:00pm to 5:00pm, Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Library hours may be extended to midnight for final exams. Student assistants cannot work more than 25 hours per week. Shifts are no longer than 8 hours. Student Assistants normally do not work during Intersession, during holiday periods, or during Spring Break.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6.0 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College in the current semester.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good conduct standing with the Office of Student Integrity and must maintain good conduct for the duration of employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to serve a diverse student population with courtesy and professionalism
- Customer service orientation
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of the Windows environment, Microsoft Office, and Web browsers
- Capacity to learn and perform library procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team and individually
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Student Assistants are expected to work some combination of early mornings, evenings, or weekends
- Previous customer service and/or library work experience
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5054 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Equity & Compliance at [email protected].
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.