IT Support Analyst, Intermediate
Information Tech Services
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
Northern Arizona University ITS Service Desk and Tech Support is now seeking TWO (2) IT Support Analyst, Intermediate
to join their dynamic team. The IT Support Analyst, Intermediate provides a wide range of secondary level IT support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to computer hardware, software, peripheral devices, and basic network issues. This position is also responsible for responding to, documenting, and resolving service tickets and initiates the escalation of service tickets when appropriate.
Technical Support - 55%
- Provides second tier support for all NAU end-user computer requests, including general desktop support, desktop application support, and desktop networking support.
- Answers questions regarding campus information technology systems support policies.
- Conducts Mac OS and Windows OS upgrades, hardware and software installations, system performance evaluation and tuning, system and software configuration, program debugging, global troubleshooting, security, backup and recovery operations, connectivity tuning, networking, general maintenance, and other aspects of maintaining stable systems.
- Works directly with IT Professionals across campus to resolve issues.
- Serves in a consulting capacity to campus computer users and support personnel regarding software problems or malfunctions, and recommended solutions.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to a broad range of information related technologies
- Process tickets in accordance with established departmental standards.
Documentation and Communication - 15%
- Communicates and collaborates with system architects to ensure that systems are functional, and that system issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Updates university IT systems support information and data to ensure access to accurate and timely information.
- Assists in the oversight of software deployment and licensure to ensure compliance.
- Works directly with vendors to resolve problems with products and services.
- Investigates, assesses (including enterprise infrastructure compatibility), recommends, tests, and implements emerging technical software, products, and tools for research and instruction.
- Prepare and update documentation for the public web site, on campus presentations and internal documentation for the Desktop Support/ITS Internal knowledgebases.
Collaboration and Teamwork - 15%
- Works closely with team members to provide outstanding service to the campus community and to bring projects to completion.
- Supports coordinating communication between various members of the systems support teams.
Industry Knowledge and Technical Skills - 10%
- Understands and applies knowledge of appropriate handling of university information technology systems support information.
- Maintain OS specific expertise across all relevant mixed platform operating systems, hardware, software, and other related technology.
- Maintains functional expertise across all relevant operating systems, hardware, software, and other job-related technology.
Other duties as assigned - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- On-call duties required for this position.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; AND,
- 2-4 years of relevant experience; OR,
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience providing direct and indirect computer hardware, software, and mobile device support to end-users in a mixed platform environment.
- Experience consulting with, training and advising, and developing advanced solutions for end-users in a mixed platform environment.
- Experience using Mac OS imaging tools and deploying software installations and updates. (ie: Deploy Studio, JAMF Pro)
- Experience organizing and maintaining data sets of varying content types and scales.
- Experience using remote support tools.
- Experience supporting iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile devices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong customer service skills, including a patient, approachable, and flexible nature.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and capabilities of contemporary software, operating systems, networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, LDAP, DNS, Active Directory, Open Directory) and other currently available technology in a mixed-platform environment.
- Proficiency with contemporary Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Proficiency with Google services, Adobe, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with Microsoft Office for mobile.
- Ability to work in a team environment and bring projects to completion.
- Familiarity with email client software and with contemporary web browsers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent listening skills.
- General understanding of SCCM, Windows Group Policy, and WSUS.
- Excellent trouble-shooting, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with people from a variety of culturally and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $54,779. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
September 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606358&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency