External Applicants: Please upload your resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information page.
Please add your cover letter and any other documents required for the position to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page. Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including your cover letter and supporting documents. The My Experience page is the only opportunity to add your cover letter and supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it.
Current Employees: Apply from your existing Workday account. Do not apply from the website. Log in to Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and select Find Jobs. Locate the position and click Apply. Update your Education and Job History.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
In University Advancement, we believe in equity, not just equality. We understand that in order to develop a fully engaged constituency; individuals must receive equitable treatment instead of equal treatment. Establishing equality means treating everyone the same. Equity necessitates transforming our community to meet the needs, interests and cultural norms of our University Advancement staff.
The Front-End Web Developer leads Communication and External Relations’ support of clients related to use of the content management system (WordPress) and themes, including troubleshooting, documenting functionality and training users. This position also builds websites and performs digital functions that support Wake Forest’s marketing messages and strategic goals.Job Description
This Job Is For You If You Are Able To….
- Work closely with Account Management and Planning to address client-submitted issues, including solving problems, troubleshooting and defining the problems for others.
- Build and maintain websites.
- Create and manage content within the content management system (WordPress). Support Advancement units (such as News, Alumni, Parents, Fundraising) in maintaining sites that help the department reach strategic goals.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of CMS, documenting functionality, producing training materials and holding training sessions.
- Suggest new functionality. Scope functionality requests for back-end development team.
- Work with University clients on content organization, user experience and other digital development areas.
- Provide support for other digital projects (examples include broadcast emails, campus map, University calendar). Use vendor-provided tools (such as Siteimprove) to improve user experience. Interact with vendors, as needed.
- Collaborate with CER team to develop new digital products.
- Have high standards for your work and are proud to contribute to a mission-driven organization.
- Contribute to a transparent and equitable organizational culture where ethical and equity policies and practices are understood and lived out by all staff.
- Have a passion for workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Get excited about the prospect of joining a team that is making a difference in people’s lives every day.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What Skills do you Need?
- Associate’s degree or higher plus one-to-two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong WordPress knowledge.
- Ability to work with clients, including addressing requests and providing training.
- Ability to work well with different kinds of people (i.e. non-technical clients, graphic designers, user-experience designers and back-end developers).
- Knowledge of digital front-end development (i.e. user experience, design, and content).
- Understanding of CSS/HTML coding, including current accessibility standards.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, mainly Photoshop.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to break down technical tasks for non-technical people.
- Ability to move quickly from one type of project to another.
- Desire to stay well-versed with new digital trends, techniques and technologies.
- Technical problem-solving skills with a work ethic to carry out those solutions.
- Commitment to the mission and values of University Advancement and a commitment to equity, particularly racial equity, with a willingness to proactively learn about it and integrate it into all aspects of the work.
- Respect for the dignity and abilities of all people.
Desired Skills and Abilities: As the incoming Front-End Web Developer, Strategic Communications (Digital) you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Experience writing and editing for the web.
- Experience with project management software, digital communication tools.
- Responsible for own work only.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. In University Advancement at Wake Forest University, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every single qualification on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.Additional Job Description
Wake Forest University requires proof of full vaccination with an FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine for all positions posted on or after September 13, 2021. Wake Forest University requires that you provide satisfactory proof of full vaccination status to Human Resources within three days of your hire date. You must also maintain full COVID-19 vaccination status, as classified by the CDC, during your employment at Wake Forest University.
Consistent with federal, state and local law, Wake Forest University will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons unless providing an accommodation would result in an undue hardship to the University.
If you seek an accommodation from the vaccination requirement for disability- or religious-based reasons, you should contact Human Resources.
New employees who are hired into positions posted prior to September 13, 2021, offers of employment made to new employees prior to that date, and employees for positions at Graylyn Conference Center are generally exempt from the vaccination requirement unless the employee’s position is otherwise subject to a vaccination requirement due to the essential components of the position as described in Policy.Time Type Requirement
Full timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.