Assistant Professor of Computer Science Location:
Atl Metropolitan State College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
This is a full-time ten-month non-tenure track faculty position, which reports to the Dean of the School of Business and Technology. Major Student Success responsibilities for the position include: quality teaching at the freshman through senior level courses in face-2-face, hybrid and online; learning assessments; academic advisement of Business, Computer Science and IT students; participation on college-wide, school and special committees; and active involvement in professional development as well as improvement and development of business programs, courses and services.
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science from a regionally accredited institution is preferred or master’s degree in Computer Science with a minimum of eighteen graduate level semester hours or forty-two graduate level quarter hours is required. Professional and Technical certifications in IT are a plus.
- Experience in writing or managing grants/special projects, and or demonstrated experience in leveraging partnerships in the community is a plus. An applicant must possess teaching experience at the collegiate level, and knowledge of educational technologies (e.g., Web-based and/or Web-enhanced instruction).
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience within the budgetary parameters of the college and of the University System of Georgia.
- The University System offers an excellent benefits package, including sick leave accruals, paid holidays, life and health insurance, and retirement plans.
Required Documents to Attach
- Applicant’s philosophy of education
- Detailed curriculum vita
- Copies of all college transcripts should be on campus at the time of interview (candidates selected for interview will be required to provide official copies of all college transcripts to Human Resources)
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional/work related references, including at least one reference from the applicant’s current or most recent employer
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (404) 756-4047, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation, including a criminal background check; demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Atlanta Metropolitan State College, as determined by Atlanta Metropolitan State College in its sole discretion; confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials; and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.