Master's degree in a related field and 7 years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be substituted for the requirements noted. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EJ. Salary commensurate with experience.
Management/leadership experience at a major metropolitan research institution; capital campaign planning experience. Experience supervising a team of development professionals and managing and coordinating fundraising activities for a multi-faceted health care organization or institution of higher education.
The Executive Director for the University of Louisville School of Medicine oversees fundraising activities and the development officers for the Departments, Institutes and Centers within the School of Medicine in coordination with the Assistant Vice President for Development for Health Sciences Center (HSC), Vice President for University Advancement, and Dean for the School of Medicine.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, coach, manage, and train a staff of development professionals responsible for major giving for the School of Medicine while overseeing the planning and execution of comprehensive philanthropic strategies for the School of Medicine
- Serve as the lead giving officer for the School of Medicine
- Effectively manage a portfolio of major gift prospects, to include solicitation and closure of gifts of $50,000 or more
- Meet or exceed annual performance goals, to include personal visits, proposals submitted, proposals funded, and new dollars raised, as defined each year by the Assistant Vice President for Development, HSC.
- Record all activities within the prospect database in a timely fashion; build positive, collaborative relationships with colleagues - both within University Advancement and across the institution.
- Educate and include School of Medicine academic leaders and faculty in the development process, as appropriate; communicate effectively; and conduct oneself professionally with the highest degree of integrity.
Some evening and weekend work, along with travel, is required.
University Advancement encourages candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, will work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and will serve the increasingly diverse students we admit and want to attract.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume in one attachment.
Benefits - The University of Louisville has an exceptional benefits package; to learn more about our benefits please visit here
COVID-19 - Learn about the university's COVID-19 protocol's and expectations here