Search #: 496694JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The Outreach Coordinator coordinates outreach efforts for the Office, presents at information sessions and resource fairs in the community, provides resources and support to the regional campuses, and coordinates volunteers for the Veterans History Project and Colossal Colors Events.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties comprise the responsibilities of this position:
- Serves as a resource to student veterans regarding educational benefits and community resources.
- Coordinates the Veterans History Project which includes training volunteers and compiling materials for the Library of Congress and University Archives.
- Represents the Office at various community events (i.e. resource fairs, information sessions) and maintains business partnerships.
- Serves as a liaison and guide for the regional campuses addressing student veterans’ concerns.
- Assists with hiring, training, and giving guidance to VA Workstudy staff at the regional campuses.
- Confers with the Director to allocate needed programmatic resources for veterans at all campuses.
- Plans and implements activities and events including, but not limited to volunteers for the Colossal Colors events.
- Provides general office support and assists with responding to phone calls and emails.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of progressively responsible related experience in an administrative support or program manager position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer applications, especially Microsoft Word, and familiar with using and entering information into databases.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and excellent writing skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work with diverse populations.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience working with public and private veterans organizations.
- Prior uniformed services experience.
This is a full-time UCPEA position with excellent benefits. The position requires travel to regional campuses and to specific events within the state.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #496694 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on August 24, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Aug 10 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 24 2022 Eastern Daylight Time