Adult Education - Adjunct Instructor
Fox Valley Technical College
Adjunct FacultyFVTC WorksiteHours Per Week
8.75Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.Job Description Summary
Fox Valley Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified candidate to teach in the Adult Education program.This position is responsible for the delivery of instruction and facilitation of student learning, and the on-going development of curriculum and learning strategies which meet the needs of students and employers.Job Description
Additional InformationQUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver individualized units of instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, and submit reports as requested. Maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety of students and staff, and equipment security. Ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the AE team, including planning, course development, student recruitment, retention and marketing, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Business/Industry/Community Linkages. Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed, and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
- Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- Professional Development. Participate in professional development activities that provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the contemporary instructor as directed by one's Individual Professional Development Plan.
ESSENTIAL APTITUDES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education, Secondary Education or Special Education with a Master's Degree in a related subject area or a Master's Degree in Education.
- Ability to plan, organize, and instruct quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
- Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
- Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
- Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
- Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
- Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
- Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
- A record of innovations which will facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated development of course materials and assessments of student learning.
- An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
- Willingness to take risks and try new things.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
It is the expectation that all employees comply and cooperate with the College's emergency action plan and any rapidly changing protocols, as well any applicable government orders affecting the College's operations. This includes adhering to safety protocols and using face coverings and personal protective equipment as applicable.
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
To apply, please visit: https://fvtc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FVTC/job/Adult-Education---Adjunct-Instructor_JR2022-87
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency