Dean - General Studies
Fox Valley Technical College
Regular ManagementFVTC Worksite
Appleton Main CampusHours Per Week
40Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.Job Description Summary
This position provides leadership and manages division operations and instructional programming of the General Studies Division, including General Education, Adult Education & English Language Learning, Assessment & Testing, and the Teaching & Learning Center, throughout the Fox Valley Technical College District in alignment with the vision, mission, values, and purposes of the organization. Assist the Vice President with assigned functions that support all of Instructional Services.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS1. Lead planning, budgeting, and resource allocation efforts.
2. Manage, direct, support, and evaluate the work of staff.
- Provide leadership, with the involvement of staff, for division-level strategic planning.
- Lead and conduct annual operational planning (prioritization, implementation, and evaluation) in areas such as facilities, computer technology, equipment, etc.
- Continuously adapt to ever-changing student and customer needs for flexibility and options in educational offerings and services.
- Continue to advance the use and power of technology in both operations and instruction, while maintaining a focus on hands-on learning and personal service.
- Develop, manage, and monitor overall division budget, ensuring proper and well-planned resource allocation to maintain appropriate learning environments.
- Monitor overall cost recovery levels for contracting centers, recommending adjustments as needed.
- Initiate, oversee, and monitor division grant activities.
3. Direct the instructional programming and curriculum of the division.
- Attract and retain high quality faculty and staff. Interview, hire, and recommend new employee hires and staffing levels.
- Assign, direct, review, and evaluate work and schedules of employees and conduct performance reviews.
- Review employee complaints and effectively recommend adjustments of complaints or disciplinary reprimands for employees.
- Promote professional development and create opportunities for collaboration across teams, departments and divisions by working with faculty and staff to establish and implement plans and related activities, using appropriate resources. Coordinate division-specific training and development activities.
4. Ensure that division productivity and improvement goals are met.
- Direct and supervise associate degree and technical diploma programs and courses, certificate level programming, and all forms of continuing education, ensuring viable, relevant programming and well-documented curriculum.
- Collaborate with other divisions and regional centers to recommend and provide general education classes and other division services.
- Support program evaluation and accreditation processes, as applicable.
- Lead in the investigation, development, and implementation of new program offerings in response to community needs.
- Ensure that instructional activities conform to state and district policies.
- Actively lead and support educational services provided as contract training and technical assistance to business and industry.
- Actively lead and support student academic assessment strategies, ensuring that student learning is assessed and documented.
- Broaden the exposure to the international marketplace through efforts to internationalize the curriculum and provide support for student and faculty exchanges.
- Coordinate division transitions programming and projects for high school students (e.g., alternative education and K-12 articulations)
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee articulation of general education courses with other technical colleges and four-year colleges, as appropriate.
- Coordinate and oversee Prior Learning Assessment tools and processes for General Education.
5. Provide leadership to Instructional Services functions as assigned.
- Continuously monitor division productivity utilizing key indicators such as FTE production, numbers served, contract services revenue and cost recovery, faculty workloads, class sizes, program inquiries and applications, graduate and placement data (monitor by overall division, by instructional areas, and by region).
- Conduct annual review of general education degree and diploma programs; participate reviews of occupational programs to assist other divisions in improvement activities.
- Increase enrollments and graduates.
- Direct necessary adjustments in staff effort, assignment priorities, resources, and collaboration with other departments of the college to meet productivity goals and outcomes.
- Ensure that continuous improvement efforts are implemented in the division through well-managed and well-documented projects.
- Develop, monitor, and use balanced scorecard measures at the division level.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership in Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and division/program accreditation processes to successfully achieve re-accreditations.
- Ensure that instructional and student strategic plan measures are met.
- Monitor student success rates and provide strategies and resources to staff for improvement.
- Identify and develop a cost effective staffing and succession plan for division staff.
- Research and pilot emerging opportunities and technology.
- Lead continuous efforts in building and maintaining a cohesive culture.
- Provide leadership for the development of general education articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities.
Additional InformationQUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Serve as a division liaison to Student Services regarding program admissions, student advising, enrollment, and graduation, involving department chairs and faculty as appropriate.
- Develop program transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities and/or appropriate shared programs with other technical colleges.
- Address student issues as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other divisions of the college and other technical colleges to effectively utilize resources.
- Develop and maintain community linkages appropriate to the role of dean.
- Participate on institutional committees, projects, task forces, etc., as appropriate.
- Enlist the on-going input of employers and students through advisory committees, professional organizations, evaluation processes, and other community contacts.
ESSENTIAL APTITUDES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Master's Degree in math, science, social science, or communications-related field or educational administration. Doctorate preferred AND
- Five years of recent, relevant work experience, AND
- Three years of managerial/supervisory experience, AND
- Two years of teaching experience is required, preferably at the community/technical college level, OR
- An equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, support staff, students, employers, and business/community representatives.
- Experience in curriculum development, with emphasis on competency-based instruction.
- Commitment to student learning and student success.
- Demonstrated success record in team-based operations and management.
- Experience in planning and implementing a variety of learning options through alternative forms of delivery.
- Experience in the development and delivery of customized training programs for business clients.
- Commitment to customer service and continuous improvement.
Pay: $101,400 - $172,500 per year. Pay is based on a multitude of factors, including experience, qualifications, education, relevant certifications, internal equity, and market data. Note: Internal applicants' wage will be based upon the applicable compensation structure.
It is the expectation that all employees comply and cooperate with the College's emergency action plan and any rapidly changing protocols, as well any applicable government orders affecting the College's operations. This includes adhering to safety protocols and using face coverings and personal protective equipment as applicable.
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
To apply, please visit: https://fvtc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FVTC/job/Appleton-WI/Interim-Dean---General-Studies_JR2022-20
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency