Early Childhood Education Adjunct Instructor
Fox Valley Technical College
Adjunct FacultyFVTC WorksiteHours Per Week
8Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.Job Description Summary
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FVTC adjunct faculty are dynamic partners for both students and the College. An adjunct instructor works with students beyond the classroom to ensure their success, models FVTC core values, and demonstrates commitment to excellence in program/course content and delivery. An adjunct instructor can work effectively in a collaborative environment, is willing to innovate and change to meet evolving program and industry needs and demonstrates competency with use of technology that supports learning and teaching. Generally, an adjunct instructor will be hired to instruct specific open classes based upon the adjunct instructor's qualifications and availability.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Early Childhood adjunct faculty instruct courses in the areas of Guiding Child Behavior; Infant and Toddler Development; Child Development; Health, Safety, and Nutrition; etc.
The duties listed below outline general expectations of adjunct faculty. Each academic program will have specific teaching assignments that will be developed at the time of hiring, based on the department's needs.
Additional InformationQUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Plan, develop, and implement appropriate instructional strategies, including alternative delivery strategies when appropriate.
- Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
- Research, develop, and administer skills assessments before, during and after courses and services with an emphasis on evaluating student performance in courses taught by the instructor.
- Promote student success through timely communication, growth-based feedback, and implementation of strategies that meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
- Meet professional expectations by maintaining professional currency and contributing to a collaborative culture across the College.
- Attend division, department, and advisory committee meetings as requested.
- Participate in appropriate staff development activities such as diversity awareness, technology training, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the college's mission, vision, and values.
- Bachelor's degree in related and appropriate field. (Based on experience and expertise, an individual with an Associate Degree or equivalent may be considered), and
- Minimum of 2 years of occupational experience in a target job for the program or programs being taught, of which at least 1 year shall be within 5 years prior to date of hire. One year of recent related occupational experience may be waived if the instructor has at least 2 years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within 5 years prior to date of hire. 4 years of occupational experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable knowledge may be acquired.
- Prior teaching or training experience preferred.
Upon hire, must meet and maintain Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirements, Faculty Quality Assurance Standards (FQAS), and/or other job specific licensing standards.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below outline general expectations of Adjunct Faculty. Each academic program will have specific content area expertise requirements that will be developed at the time of hiring, based on the department's needs.
- Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
- Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
- Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
- Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Ability to effectively interact with business and industry to establish partnerships and address needs.
- Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in collaborative thinking and to foster consensus.
- Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments and classes at Oshkosh, Appleton, and regional sites.
- Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
- Willingness to take risks and try new things.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Knowledge of anti-bias curriculum and developmentally appropriate practice.
- Knowledge of child health, safety, and nutrition.
Pay: $35.50 - $40.00 per hour. Pay is based on a multitude of factors, including experience, qualifications, education, relevant certifications, internal equity, and market data. Note: Internal applicants' wage will be based upon the applicable compensation structure.
It is the expectation that all employees comply and cooperate with the College's emergency action plan and any rapidly changing protocols, as well any applicable government orders affecting the College's operations. This includes adhering to safety protocols and using face coverings and personal protective equipment as applicable.
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
To apply, please visit: https://fvtc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FVTC/job/Early-Childhood-Education-Adjunct-Instructor_JR2022-52
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency