Advancement Services Administrator (Gift Accounting)
Development - Systems Management, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan. As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers. As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year. University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Development and University Relations (DAUR) at Fordham is comprised of many talented and high performing individuals who work across a range of functions from our leadership, to fundraising, marketing and communications, analytics, alumni relations, athletics, special events, stewardship, gifts processing, and WFUV. The division serves the entire University in a variety of different capacities. We are a team of 141 full-time employees.
A key member of the Advancement Services team, the Advancement Services Administrator (Gift Accounting) coordinates the day-to-day operations of gift processing and biographical record maintenance. The Administrator reconciles financial activity across a variety of gift intake platforms, coordinates the accurate and timely entry of gift and pledge information, and ensures accurate and secure processing of checks, credit cards, and other forms of payment. The Administrator coordinates with Fordham’s Office of Finance to successfully feed contribution information to the general ledger and ensures that gift processing documentation is properly stored and maintained. Working with the Executive Director of Advancement Services and the Advancement Services Administrator (Records), the Administrator coordinates work for the entirety of the Advancement Services team, ensures the integrity of data, and incorporates and enforces best practices for fundraising, data security, and financial processing in the unit’s operations. Extensive experience in CRM and the utilization of technology to create greater efficiency, enhance workflows and productivity, and creatively resolve data challenges is vital to this role. This position reports to the Executive Director of Advancement Services.
- Oversees financial transactions from a wide variety of sources from notification to finalization.
- Maintains and enhances contribution and biographical data in a MS Dynamics-based CRM to support DAUR’s fundraising and constituent engagement efforts.
- Supervises advancement services staff, providing guidance and support for the day-to-day responsibilities of the Advancement Services team to ensure that contributions and record updates are being processed and reported in a timely and effective manner.
- Reviews and provides guidance on public event registration pages and reconciles revenue from those events.
- Provides guidance and feedback to DAUR staff to inform and ensure best practices in gift and data intake.
- Maintains and enhances a calendar of ongoing advancement tasks including large-scale data intake and enhancement projects, financial audits, known University fundraising events and priorities, and the like.
- Maintains archives and records retention calendar for gift, pledge, and records documentation following University and federal guidelines.
- Collaborates with vendors and other University departments, including but not limited to the Fordham Fund, Controller’s Office, and Fordham IT, to complete regular tasks, troubleshoot specific issues, and streamline processes.
- Assists in preparation for the annual audit, VSE, and other relevant surveys related to benchmarking fundraising results.
- Assists in the creation of documentation of policies and processes.
- Keeps pace with technologically driven changes and industry standards for gift accounting processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, computer science, or a related field.
- One to three years of relevant experience in a development setting, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Expertise in CRM systems and data entry and management, preferably related to gift and constituent record information.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work effectively, meet firm deadlines, and handle the pressure of a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a continually-evolving technical environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to collaborate successfully with people of all backgrounds.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Experience with Ellucian CRM Advance, MS Dynamics, and/or Anthology Encompass.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3368
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories