Development – WFUV, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan. As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers. As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year. University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Development Associate is an integral member of the Development Office’s WFUV team. This individual helps to carry out WFUV’s fundraising strategies and activities, as defined by WFUV’s General Manager, Executive Director of Development, and Advisory Board. His/her ideas on all projects are considered and valued.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Development, WFUV and is responsible for providing full administrative support in all fundraising activities including special events, stewardship and donor relations.
- Assists with and staffs the station’s annual On the Record, Holiday Cheer, and WFUV High Line Bash fundraisers, including but not limited to email marketing.
- Supports and staffs multiple cultivation and fundraising events, including the preparation of mailing lists and brief research profiles.
- Collaborates with Station staff, the Fordham Special Events team, outside vendors and the WFUV Advisory Board.
- Assists with prospect and donor data management.
- Develops proficiency in updating pertinent donor information in the Advance database, and ensuring gifts are recorded accurately.
- Ensures gifts are reconciled in both Advance, Fordham’s database, and Allegiance, WFUV’s membership database.
- Generates donor/prospect lists and maintain local files.
- Assists with the gift processing and acknowledgment process, including drafting thank you letter correspondence and pledge reminders in a timely manner.
- Supports WFUV stewardship efforts, including the major donor fulfillment program, including the oversight of the WFUV High Line Bash journal, and the creation of stewardship reports.
- Schedules appointments and answers phone calls from donors.
- Supports the Executive Director of Development in her oversight of the WFUV Advisory Board, including scheduling and preparing for Board meetings and taking meeting Minutes.
- Reconciles credit card statements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree English, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in development, marketing, or member services at non-profit organizations.
- Proficient personal-computer skills (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Constant Contact, and Imods).
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, organizational ability, attention to detail, and focus.
- Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events and to travel locally.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Demonstrated ability to learn the use of new software.
- Design experience.
- Familiarity with email marketing.
- Familiarity with development databases.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3469
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories