Assistant Professor, Management & Organizations, Questrom School of Business Tracking Code22599929720809Job Description
The Questrom School of Business at Boston University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Management and Organizations. The department seeks to add to its vibrant community of scholars. We will prioritize applicants working in areas related to (a) Human Capital (including the Future of Work), (b) Diversity, Inclusion and Equality, and/or (c) Cooperation and Conflict (including teams and ethics).
We actively seek to diversify our faculty and student ranks, recognizing that diversity of experience deepens the intellectual endeavor and can be a source of insight and excellence. We seek to cultivate an inclusive atmosphere of respect for all individuals without barriers to participation or access.
The anticipated start date for this faculty position is July 1, 2023.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Prospective candidates should have the following:
- A Ph.D. in management or a related field, such as psychology or sociology.
- High potential for producing original and innovative scholarly work of the highest quality and impact.
- High potential for teaching effectiveness at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels.
- A desire to contribute to the intellectual community of the M&O department and the School of Business.
- A commitment to our institutional values regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Interested candidates should send the following by email ([email protected]) to Professor Evan Apfelbaum, Chair of the Search Committee:
- a cover letter stating the position, their interest, and qualifications
- a curriculum vitae
- statements of research and teaching interests and accomplishments, including teaching evaluations if available
- representative publications and/or working papers
- three letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: We will accept applications until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by September 15, 2022.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBoston, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular