CRM DEVELOPER II, IS&T Administrative Systems Tracking Code22500411410809Job Description
The CRM Developer II is a member of Boston University’s Information Services and Technology team who is responsible for the administration, configuration, release and support of CRM/Salesforce applications, components and integrations used to enable Boston University’s academic, administrative and ancillary processes. The CRM Developer II is a junior to intermediate professional role that may work on multiple projects as a Salesforce administrator and Salesforce release engineer. This individual will participate in projects that require working knowledge of various Salesforce products such as Sales Cloud, Community Cloud, Service Cloud and potentially MarketingCloud as well as CRMA. This position will also be contribute to operational support and maintenance of various applications enabling university processes and systems.
Essential functions of this position are:
- Participate on project teams to administer, configure, test and release applications/components pursuant to business, architectural and/or service requirements. administration, configuration, test and release activity should be in alignment with industry and BU best practices, guidelines and standards.
- Participate in operational support and maintenance of CRM/Salesforce.com based services. This includes consulting on or working incidents, service requests, defects, enhancements and service improvement initiatives as well as assessing impacts from carrying out upgrades, patches and release updates from vendors and vended packages used.
- Invests time learning/enhancing skills related to CRM/Salesforce.com by active participation in technology users groups and professional organizations and formal training or degree programs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Over 3 years of IT work experience in Software Development specifically using object-oriented designs with Java or advanced programming skills is required
- or the equivalent with demonstrated knowledge in CRM/Salesforce.com or another CRM platform. Higher Ed implementations is desirable
- Experience working with App Exchange packages and with software to deploy code and changes in Salesforce environment (or) equivalent environment with Git or other external Salesforce deployment tools is highly desirable
- Understanding of web services such as REST/SOAP
- Working knowledge of the overall software development lifecycle and enterprise integration frameworks
- Possesses good understanding of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum or agile development methodologies
- Experience working on projects/issues of medium to high complexity
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following software packages: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to work with various subject matter experts (SMEs) and business partners within the University to elicit the information necessary for project technical design.
- Possesses ability to multi-task and switch priorities. Deadline driven with little oversight
- Team player, professionalism, self-confidence and fast learner.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce configurations for setup, access, moving or updating data. - best practices and custom objects, lightning platform, Force.com IDE, migration and deployment tools, etc.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems using web services and app exchange apps
- Knowledge of Salesforce APIs (bulk API, Metadata API), Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Understanding, adoption and utilization of declarative customizations versus programmatic customizations
- Salesforce Administration Certifications e.g. ADM 201 is desirable
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular