FUNCTIONAL ANALYST III, AUXILIARY, IS&T Administrative Systems Tracking Code22500463590809Job Description
Boston University is seeking a Functional Analyst III (FA III) within Applications division of Information Services & Technology (IS&T). The Auxiliaries Functional Analyst III is responsible for the business and functional analysis of packaged and custom applications used to enable Boston University's Auxiliary Services.
Auxiliary services include BU Housing, Dining, Parking & Transportation, FitRec and Vending. The Auxiliaries Functional Analyst III is an advanced professional role that may work on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. This individual will participate in projects that require working with Auxiliary's clients on business and functional analysis across a variety of business processes enabled by packaged and custom developed applications. This individual will also work with development/technology teams to ensure functional requirements are successfully translated to systems solutions including the definition of data mappings for required integrations. The Auxiliaries Functional Analyst III will participate in a support role in testing new functionality, regression testing existing functionality, integration testing, and User Acceptance Testing. This individual will also work with client in the development of training materials for business functions associated with Auxiliary Systems.
The Auxiliaries Functional Analyst III also takes on the role of Service Coordinator. The Service Coordinator maintains the service, often in coordination with the vendor.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Implementing patches, service packs, and upgrades, to the application and underlying infrastructure. Leads and/or coordinates required changes to various dependent services (i.e., servers, networking, IAM), as needed.
- Managing QA testing for these changes to the service including testing interfaces with other systems.
- Coordinating changes to service with other impacted service owners and clients. This support will include working with the vendors of packaged applications on problem resolution, patching and upgrades.
- Accounting for the maintenance of service documentation, including standard operating procedures, FAQs, Tech Web content, escalation matrix, knowledge articles, troubleshooting guide, etc.
- Collaborating with clients to understand and document as-is and to-be processes and requirements.
- Working with clients to analyze, design and develop new business processes to meet the business objectives.
- Including facilitation of workshops with diverse clients to reach agreement on requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field with 5+ years of experience with Functional Analysis work preferred.
- 8+ years of experience or relevant certifications may be substituted for an undergraduate degree.
- Candidates holding more advanced degrees or with more than minimum experience are also welcome to apply.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills
- Experience doing business and functional analysis work and producing documentation required. Should be able to understand and translate requirements and instructions back and forth between business clients and technical team members.
- Experience working on projects/documents of simple to medium complexity.
- Strong skills with Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Understanding of application integrations technologies highly desirable
- Ability to self-teach from documentation, existing code, and online training materials will be key factors to success in this position.
- Familiarity with ITIL terminology and processes a plus. Certifications in ITIL welcome.
- Promotes a team environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular