Post-Doctoral Fellow - 18227 Faculty Description
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Nephrology
Position #771664– Requisition #18227
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nephrology has an opening for a full-time (unclassified) Post-Doctoral Fellow position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates may be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable. Nature of Work:
This position is a joint appointment between the Precision Diagnostics Laboratory, PDL, at Children's Hospital Colorado, and the Renal Section of the Department of Pediatrics. The day to day activities will be overseen by the PDL Scientific Director Dr. Alisa Gaskell whilst the project direction and content will be driven by the Renal Section Head, Dr. Bradley Dixon. The fellow will be responsible for the development and optimization, of a clinical Next Generation Sequencing panel intended for the genomic stratification of patients with complement-mediated renal diseases (i.e. atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome or aHUS, and C3 glomerulopathy or C3G). The overall description of responsibilities include modifying and optimizing current short read NGS chemistry and analysis pipeline approaches to achieve high confidence genomics data within the aHUS and C3G disease population. The candidate will be responsible for assembling the validation cohort as well as executing and establishing the clinical testing parameters. The assay development responsibilities include driving the development of the bioinformatics analytical pipeline and generating all the clinical documentation according to the regulatory requirements regarding Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs). The fellow will be joining a clinical lab with an established genomics assay development team and will have the opportunity to augment their understanding of clinical utility of the testing by being exposed to patients in the clinical setting. Job Duties:
* Modifying and optimizing current short read NGS chemistry and analysis pipeline approaches to achieve high confidence genomics data within the aHUS and C3G disease population.
* Assembling the validation cohort as well as executing and establishing the clinical testing parameters.
* Assay development responsibilities include:
* Driving the development of the bioinformatics analytical pipeline and generating all the clinical documentation according to the regulatory requirements regarding Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs). Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $54,144 to $65,292.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a PhD or MD/PhD in a relevant field.
• Working knowledge and hands on experience in genomics is required.
• Understanding of the clinical compliance requirements is desirable but not essential.
• Minimum of 1 year of post graduate laboratory experience. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Conditions of Employment:
• Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
• Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check Preferred Qualifications:
* Previous research experience in complement-mediated renal diseases.
* Previous experience in clinical trials.
* Previous experience in an academic setting. Competencies:
* Flexibility in targets and expectations
* Excellent communication * Ability to thrive in an independent work environment * Proven ability to work independently within a research lab Special Instructions to Applicants: Questions should be directed to Ariel Zhu at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is closed.
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers
, refer to requisition ID: 18227
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process.
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Job Category
: Faculty Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20957 - SOM-PEDS NEPHROLOGY-GENOPS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Mar 1, 2021 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Rebekah Williams Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00771664
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency