Staff Accountant- CU Foundation
Staff Accountant- CU Foundation - 26860 University Staff Description
: Staff Accountant Reports To
: Assistant Controller Hiring Salary Range
: $61,000 to $71,000. Position Status
: Exempt Posting Dates
: July 19, 2022 - August 19, 2022 Job Purpose
The CU Foundation is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant who will report directly to the Assistant Controller. This position will provide general accounting support to the Finance and Accounting team through directly assigned tasks and ad hoc responsibilities as necessary. General tasks include preparation of journal entries, portions of the month-end close process, reconciliations, and gift processing. The successful applicant will have the skills necessary to interpret and implement financial accounting concepts under US GAAP and non-profit accounting. This position offers room for growth and opportunities to learn many facets of accounting. Essential Duties
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards, rules, regulations, and systems of internal controls.
- Create, modify, and close gift funds in the general ledger and donor database.
- Perform monthly close procedures including bank reconciliations, rollforwards and various market adjustments (including investment mark-to-market and foreign currency adjustments)
- Prepare workpapers and journal entries related to funds, investment valuations and non-profit accounting
- Reconcile and process accounts payable and related party transfers to the University of Colorado.
- Assist Senior Accountants with research of reconciliation differences and provide backup.
- Identify areas for process improvement and assist in implementation.
- Continually documents processes and recommend improvements for all assigned duties.
- Create custom reports on demand to meet business needs of internal and external customers.
- Provide customer support to internal and external contacts regarding complex and high- level questions. May at times require consultation with other team members.
- Assist with auditor requests.
- Perform other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
- Other duties as assigned
Starting salary is based on education, experience, skills, and other job-related factors. The hiring salary range for this position is: $61,000 - $71,000. This position is eligible for a full and competitive benefits package, which includes: Medical:
Three plan options Dental:
Two plan options Additional Insurance:
Disability, Life, and Vision Retirement 401(k) Plan:
Employer contributes up to 6% of your annual compensation, per plan terms Paid Time Off:
Paid Time Off: 25 (first two years)
Holidays: 12 days In-Office/Remote hybrid schedule offered TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter of interest, and contact information for up to three professional references to [email protected]
Do not apply directly through CU Careers.
All applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. August 19, 2022, to be considered. Competencies
About the University of Colorado Foundation:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- GAAP and non-profit accounting knowledge.
- Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Solid ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and follow up to ensure completion/resolution.
- Computer proficiency required, especially as related to the software referenced under
- “software utilized” (see below). Computer skills may be subject to testing/verification.
- Must be open to taking on new duties and projects. Flexibility is required.
- Ability to function in a team-oriented environment.
For over 55 years, the University of Colorado Foundation has partnered with the University of Colorado to enhance philanthropic support for CU. The CU Foundation serves as the University's philanthropic portal , enabling CU to transform lives through education, research, clinical care, and community engagement. The Foundation focuses its efforts on donor stewardship through customer service and assurance in gift acceptance, processing and administration. During the fiscal year ended June 30, 2021, the Foundation processed over 54,000 gifts and commitments. The Foundation allocates gift funds in a manner consistent with the purposes established by donors and distributes dollars from its managed funds to support a wide variety of programs and activities throughout the University system and on its four campuses.
The Foundation has over $3 billion in assets under management, including more than 3,000 endowment funds. As of June 30, 2021, the Foundation's long-term investment pool was valued at $2.6 billion, including $2.1 billion in CU endowments and $330 million in CU treasury funds. At that date, the Foundation's short-term investment pool comprised of current funds, endowment distributions and unrestricted assets was valued at $427 million. The Foundation follows an outsourced chief investment officer model and contracts investment services through an investment management firm.
The Foundation's revenue is derived primarily from an annual assessment on its long-term investment pool and a monthly distribution from its short-term investment pool. Of the $40 million in revenue expected in fiscal year 2022, the Foundation will retain $5.4 million to fund its operations and it will transfer $34.6 million to the University to fund CU Advancement's operations and IT investments. CU Advancement leads the University's engagement and fundraising efforts and partners with the Foundation to maximize private support for CU.
The Foundation is a 501(3)c public charity governed by an independent Board of Directors. Board committees include an Investment Policy Committee, a Finance/Operations Committee, and an Audit Committee. The Foundation's day-to-day operations are carried out by an administrative staff of approximately 20 individuals overseen by the Foundation's President and CEO.
Mimimum Requirements Education:
Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting, business or data systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience required; CPA preferred. Experience:
0-3 years of accounting/finance experience. Software Utilized
Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Outlook; accounting software; donor database software. Experience with Blackbaud's Financial Edge software and Salesforce a plus. Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Work in a normal office environment requiring light physical effort by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently
- Stationary at a desk for most of day, working with standard office equipment (such as phone, fax and personal computer)
Special Instructions to Applicants: ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: The University of Colorado Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (creed), sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, gender, gender expression, age, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The University of Colorado Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and those from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply for this role. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter of interest, and contact information for up to three professional references to [email protected]
All applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. August 19, 2022, to be considered. Job Category
: Business Services Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - CU Foundation Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Jul 25, 2022 Unposting Date
: Aug 19, 2022, 10:59:00 PM Posting Contact Name: CU Foundation Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=26860&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency