Prospect Development Specialist
Prospect Development Specialist - 26673 University Staff Description
The CU System Office of Advancement provides excellent customer service, strategy, expertise, and efficiency to our partners on CU's campuses and at the University of Colorado Foundation. We support CU's fundraising and engagement goals through advancement operations that include constituent research and development, data management, business intelligence, technical architecture, annual giving, planned giving, gift administration, marketing and communications, IT, budget and finance, and more. We believe that a healthy office culture is foundational to our success. We create this by bringing together a diverse team of colleagues and infusing our core values—Work Together, Think Big, Be Good and Have Fun—into our work every day. Position Description
The Research, Analytics, and Prospect Development (RAPD) department supports the advancement activities conducted throughout the CU System, which includes the System Office, four unique campuses, the President's Office, and the CU Foundation.
The Prospect Development Specialist will act as a liaison to one of our four campuses. The Prospect Development Specialist is expected to cultivate a comprehensive understanding of fundraising metrics and best practices, support the execution and enhancement of the University's prospect and moves management program, and work closely with central and campus-specific advancement teams to optimize fundraising outcomes with data-supported decision making at all stages of the prospect cycle. This position will serve as a strategic partner and effective communication point with colleagues at all levels, while being data savvy and comfortable with quantitative and qualitative methods/analytics and will be a critical member of the team at a transformative moment for our energetic, entrepreneurial advancement division. The Prospect Development Specialist will strategize and partner with Development Research Analysts and Development Officers to support the creation and maintenance of high-capacity portfolios, maintain an active awareness of goals, objectives, and directions of the development program, and become a trusted advisor to support the achievement of the customer's strategic business goals. This position will coordinate and participate in top prospect strategy sessions and participate in annual Research, Analytics, and Prospect Development planning sessions with fundraising units to help formulate a strategic operating plan for each fiscal year. This position is also expected to seek opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance, develop and maintain a network of contacts with other prospect management professionals nationwide, and understand and apply national best practices, processes, and technologies for prospect development.
The Prospect Development Specialist reports to the Assistant Director of Prospect Development and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system. COVID-19
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Who we are and What we offer Who we are:
- Advancement Data Management:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of prospect development, including oversight of prospect development data for reporting and analysis
- Ensure data integrity and entry
- Play a key front-facing role with campus partners by conducting regular portfolio optimization and prospect strategy meetings with Development Officer
- Travel to and spend at least one day per week at designated campus(es)
- Meet with campus managers and leadership regularly to provide data and insights around development staff
- Provide insights from data curated by Research and Analytics team to life and translate them into actionable strategy (may include making the case for data-supported decisions related to fundraising and donor portfolios)
- Provide action plans and follow up with central and campus partners
- Portfolio and Pipeline Metrics:
- In partnership with Research and Analytics team, develop metrics to track pipeline activity
- Analyze and report on results to address strategy and next steps
- Create recommendations for continued development and data improvement
- Special Projects:
- Serve as subject matter expert on prospect management functionality in the implementation and optimization of the database
- Deliver and develop training catered to the needs of end users in partnership with Training Lead
- Develop and implement guidelines and best practices for system features
- Recommend best practices to better track, segment and analyze prospects
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Colorado and is eligible to work a hybrid work model (part in-office, part work from home) or 100% remote. Office location will be split between Boulder Campus, 1800 Grant Street and home office.
Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
. What we offer: Salary:
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $53,000-$58,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of industry-standard prospect development policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Ellucian Advance (donor database) and ability to train on best practices
- Knowledge of data analysis and metrics
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with development staff
- Ability to deal with confidential material and uphold high ethical standards
- Skilled in and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Skilled in and ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience. One (1) year of directly related experience. Ability to travel to campuses weekly. Preferred Qualifications:
Non-profit experience, preferably in a higher education fundraising environment, is highly desirable. Previous customer service experience. Two (2) years' Prospect Development experience. Ability to travel to campuses weekly.
Special Instructions to Applicants: For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by July 21st. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected] Application
Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter and be sure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. Also, ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. Job Category
: Development Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50206 - Advancement Operations Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Jul 7, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: system hr Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=26673&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency