Associate Director of Gift Planning
Associate Director of Gift Planning - 26636 University Staff Description
The CU System Office of Advancement provides excellent customer service, strategy, expertise, and efficiency to our partners on CU's campuses and at the University of Colorado Foundation. We support CU's fundraising and engagement goals through advancement operations that include constituent research and development, data management, business intelligence, technical architecture, annual giving, planned giving, gift administration, marketing and communications, IT, budget and finance, and more. We believe that a healthy office culture is foundational to our success. We create this by bringing together a diverse team of colleagues and infusing our core values—Work Together, Think Big, Be Good and Have Fun—into our work every day. Position Description
The Associate Director of Gift Planning is a centralized University of Colorado (CU) system position embedded within the CU Boulder Office of Advancement. This position works closely with the CU Boulder Director of Gift Planning and the broader CU Gift Planning team to enhance the giving experience by supporting donors and development officers as they explore blended and planned gift opportunities.
This position reports to Director of Gift Planning, Boulder and is exempt for the State of Colorado Classification system. Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with CU System Advancement staff to develop a prospect pipeline; cultivate, solicit, negotiate, and close gifts, focusing on multi-faceted outright gifts; gifts of complex or unique assets; gifts-in-kind; revocable designations; and irrevocable gifts such as charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, retained life estates, or charitable lead trusts
- Works within the CU Boulder Advancement office to cultivate and advance gifts that benefit CU by providing technical gift planning expertise to colleagues and donors
- Advises CU Boulder development officers on prospect identification for planned gifts and development of solicitation strategies
- Supports CU Boulder development officers by adding value to the cultivation, proposal and solicitation phases of gift conversations, to include in-person and virtual meetings with donors as needed, and development of gift agreements
- Remains current and shares up-to-date information with colleagues about planned giving strategies that can benefit both donors and the university, including assisting in conducting regular training and/or updates to Advancement staff on planned giving, tax laws, and other regulations pertaining to charitable giving.
- Contributes to University system, campus, and Gift Planning department goals by supporting the implementation of an annual gift planning workplan to achieve strategic goals and benchmarks for program growth
- Contributes to system-level advancement of gift planning strategies to include creation of a strong future “pipeline”, development of staff trainings, stewardship of existing legacy society members, strengthening relationships with the advisor community, evaluation of counting standards, gift acceptance policies and procedures, and similar.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned such as database maintenance, gifts-in-kind support, and estate distribution efforts
- Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and similar.
- Process management products, including Trello and MS Teams
- Gift planning software, such as PGM Anywhere, TIAA Kaspick GiftAdvisor
- Donor tracking and reporting software, such as Ellucian Advance, Salesforce
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement Who we are and What we offer Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Colorado and will work a hybrid work model (part in-office, part work from home). Office location will be split between Boulder Campus, 1800 Grant and home office.
Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
. What we offer: Salary:
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $80,100-$97,400
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of the University of Colorado's mission, demographics, faculty, current programs, departments, and culture
- Knowledge of gift planning principles, procedures, and best practices
- Donor-centric customer service skills, including the ability to actively listen, address customer needs, defuse tense situations, and maintain an open, flexible, and friendly demeanor
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate interaction, communication, and teamwork between others
- Skilled in the use of computer equipment, software, and other relevant technology (including smart phones) including the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and similar)
- Ability to persuasively engage donors and articulate how CU distinguishes itself from peer institutions
- Ability to make persuasive verbal and written cases for supporting key programs and projects, effectively matching the interests of prospective donors to specific university needs
- Ability to deliver a high level of commitment to customer service
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and ages
- Ability to navigate complex, multi-layered environments and organizations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team setting
- Ability to develop strategies to achieve operating goals
- Ability to interact with high-level donors, maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and others
- Ability to promote diversity and equity
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Five (5) years' experience securing major and/or planned gifts, fundraising, acting as a financial planner, or directly comparable work
- One (1) year of experience in a team lead or supervisory role, which may include assigning and reviewing the work of others, providing guidance to internal and external team members, and/or assisting management with performance reviews
- Ability to travel
- Post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education (e.g. Master of Business Administration, Juris Doctorate, Master of Arts, etc.)
- Seven (7) years' experience securing major and/or planned gifts, fundraising, acting as a financial planner, or directly comparable work
- Two (2) years' experience in a team lead or supervisory role, as indicated above
- Professional certification (e.g. Certified Financial Planner)
- Experience in a nonprofit, higher education, or healthcare environment
- Experience working within large, complex organizations
Special Instructions to Applicants: For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by 8/12/2022. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected] Application
Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter and be sure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. Also, ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. Job Category
: Development Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50206 - Advancement Operations Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Jul 5, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: systemhr Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=26636&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency