Senior Business Systems Analyst
Senior Business Systems Analyst - 26456 University Staff Description
University Information Services (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado's (CU) four campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service, technical expertise, and the development of enterprise applications responsible for supporting CU's students, faculty, staff, and others.
CU Student IT Services (CU-SIS) supports CU's catalog of enterprise student application products and services which serve potential students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff at all four campuses and System, and over 67,000 active students. Components include Admissions, Campus Community, Customer Relationship Management, Degree Audit & Transfer Credit, Financial Aid, International Student & Scholar Management, Student Financials, Student Records, and Online Education.
The Sr Business Systems Analyst (BSA) supports CU-SIS applications, processes, and services with a focus on online education solutions. BSAs work with solutions managers and developers to troubleshoot incidents, shepherd configuration and development, and perform regression testing. BSAs are responsible for liaising with users to gather business requirements, create functional design specifications and test plans, and facilitate changes.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Information Technology Services and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified System.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Business Analysis
Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration Works with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests Requirements Definition and Management
Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements for student solutions Investigates, manages, and applies change requests in line with change management policy Data Modelling and Design
Investigates data requirements and applies data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques to establish, modify, or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions) Provides advice and guidance to software developers and others using the data structures and associated components Testing
Defines test conditions for given requirements Designs test cases and creates test scripts and supporting data under direction of the manager Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with test plans Analyses and reports test activities and results Solution Architecture
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures
- Identifies and evaluates alternative solutions and the trade-offs in maintenance, usability, and scalability
- Produces functional specifications for translation into detailed designs
- Supports student service delivery through the preparation of technical plans and application of design principles that comply with enterprise standards
- Following agreed procedures, identifies, registers, and categorizes incidents for student solutions
- Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates incidents as appropriate
Who we are and What we offer Who we are:
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems
- Determines problem fixes/remedies
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position has the ability to work remotely
. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
. What we offer: Salary:
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $72,000 - $78,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with a variety of internal and external constituencies Interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate interaction, communication, and teamwork between others Customer service skills, including the ability to actively listen, address customer needs, defuse tense situations, and maintain an open, flexible, and friendly demeanor Oral, written, and listening communication skills, including the ability to accurately interpret what others are saying and convey messages, information, concepts, and details accurately and clearly Organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines, manage appointments, create schedules, coordinate and facilitate meetings, and make decisions Computer skills, including the ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and learn and experiment with new software and systems Ability to collect and document business needs and translate the information collected into technical specifications Ability to troubleshoot and analyze various systems for enhancements and fixes Ability to analyze data and determine trends and errors Ability to learn and apply new technologies Skilled in technology testing and analysis Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies Knowledge of information technology service management (ITSM) principles and best practices Ability to self-start and take initiative in completing daily tasks and special projects Ability to maintain a strong work ethic, positive problem-solving attitude, and enthusiasm for the work performed Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple concurrent and competing tasks and responsibilities, and adapt to changing priorities while maintaining personal effectiveness Ability to focus on activities that have the greatest impact on meeting work commitments Ability to respond to requests in a timely manner Knowledge of the business and organizational structure of CU
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Three (3) years of experience with business or technical analysis, which may include any combination of the following components:
- Documenting business processes
- Gathering requirements
- Creating business cases and functional specifications
- Writing test plans
- Analyzing and troubleshooting software application issues
- Testing software application changes
- Five (5) years of experience with business or technical analysis, as indicated above
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working in a university student services office
- Experience working with student biographic and demographic data
- Familiarity with university admissions and enrollment functions
- Experience supporting online education
- Experience following data flows and troubleshooting application integrations
- Experience working with or at a multi-campus university
- Experience working with Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Experience working with auxiliary student systems such as Slate and Salesforce
- Accessibility, universal design, and/or user experience/user interface (UX/UI) design certifications (e.g., Certified Usability Analyst, Certified User Experience Analyst, UX/UI Master Certification, etc.)
- Project management and/or business analysis certifications (e.g., Project Management Professional, Certified Business Analysis Professional, etc.)
Special Instructions to Applicants: For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by July 5, 2022. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected] Application
Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as two separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter and be sure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. Also, ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. Job Category
: Information Technology Primary Location
: Remote Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University InformationServices Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Jun 17, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: System HR Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=26456&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency