Senior Benefits Professional - 26913 University Staff Description Who We Are
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
Employee Services provides the CU community with excellent services from recruitment to retirement. This office provides technical expertise while administering benefits, professional development, payroll, individual tax management, and strategic HR programs. The functional areas of Employee Services include Payroll, Technologies, Benefits, Retirement, Financial Education, Learning and Development, International Tax and Human Resources. Position Description
The Sr. Benefits Professional is an integral part of the Benefits Services team and is responsible for consultation with employees on their health and retirement benefit plans. This position spends much of their time assisting retirees who call or email Benefits Administration while utilizing computer-based resources to review and retrieve information. The Sr. Benefits Professional will receive and resolve escalated and complex issues forwarded to them from the benefits administration team, serving as a primary point of contact and providing subject matter expertise. This position will use their expertise and knowledge to assist Benefits Administration to meet the department's service level expectations which include, but are not limited to, providing service, support, assistance, and one-on-one meetings regarding the University of Colorado's retiree and regular benefits plans.
This position educates current, new, and prospective retirees and surviving spouses on all the university and state benefit programs, policies, and procedures by clarifying and interpreting applicable laws, regulations, and contract provisions.
This position is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system. Where you will work This position is based in Denver and is eligible for a hybrid work structure (part work from home, part in office). Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
What we offer: Salary:
- Serve as a subject matter expert to prepare written information for retirees, departments, and vendors.
- Participate in Retirement Ready sessions to educate the employees about the benefits offered to an employee considering retirement.
- Receive and resolve escalated and complex issues forwarded from the benefits administration team.
- Manage retiree appointment scheduling through automated systems.
- Work with newly eligible retirees via online appointments to discuss the retirement process and retiree benefits. Set up retiree benefits in HCM when applicable.
- Meet with new and current employees, retirees, and dependents, regarding their health, disability, life insurance, and retirement benefits via telephone, e-mail, and virtual appointment to enable newly eligible retirees and current retirees to get accurate information.
- Serve as a liaison between the university, retiree, and outside entities (e.g., Healthcare and Retirement Plan Providers) to resolve benefit, eligibility, or claims issues.
- Serve as a caring problem solver and benefit guide to assist employees, retirees, and dependents with their benefit inquiries.
- Describe mandatory and supplemental retirement plan options and survivor benefits. Explain eligibility and the enrollment process by clarifying and interpreting university and retirement plan policies.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee questions via phone or email, including supporting the employees and retirees during open enrollment period or other high-volume periods of time.
- Track all work and customer communication using the Cherwell Ticketing system.
- Contribute to communications and website information as appropriate by tracking and reporting frequently requested information or new developments.
- Update and maintain integrity of Human Capital Management (HCM) system's retirees and dependents database by reviewing, auditing, and correcting payroll and benefit documents and data entry.
- Prepare and enter adjustments to pay records. Request refunds or one-time payments as appropriate.
- Review reports to provide information on topics such as incorrect benefit codes, data set-up, and employee payments.
- Determine appropriate user data entry for transferring employees, including determining when to pay out or transfer leave balances, and benefits deductions.
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $55,000-$65,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
- Focus Fridays - 4 hours a month of time reserved for employee development and personal enrichment
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this position, employees will need to know the following:
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Knowledge of basic group benefit packages.
- Ability to deliver high level of commitment to customer service.
- Skilled in developing and delivering customer information.
- Knowledge of Medicare, and Social Security Administration Program.
- Knowledge of State Pension systems and Employer Sponsored Retirement Plans.
- Ability to problem solve and provide efficient and effective solutions to inquiries.
- Ability to effectively handle complaint resolution.
- Ability to de-escalate situations that may become escalated.
- Ability to show customer's empathy.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and present relevant details of benefit plans and perks to employees to convey the value of these benefits.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to all University of Colorado campuses.
- Ability to carry and set up laptop computers, printer/fax, and load/unload boxes of materials needed for on-campus seminars.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent experience (the educational requirement may be substituted by experience on a year for year basis). Preferred Qualifications:
- Three (3) years of professional experience in a Human Resources or Insurance related role.
- At least one year of experience working with Governmental Insurance programs (Medicare).
- At least two (2) years of experience in customer service.
Five (5) years professional experience in a Human Resources or Insurance related role. COVID-19
- Knowledge of Medicare enrollment procedures and processing.
- Work experience with the benefits/personnel administration of medical, dental, flexible spending, COBRA, savings plans, and/or defined contribution retirement plans.
- Knowledge about HMO, PPO and POS healthcare plans, IRC Section-125, Flexible Spending plans, ACA and/or COBRA regulations.
- PeopleSoft HCM experience.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
Special Instructions to Applicants: For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by August 12th. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected]
. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: For full consideration, please attach the following as separate documents to your application: 1. A cover letter identifying the job specific minimum qualifications you possess 2. A resume including any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. Job Category
: Human Resources Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 51000 - Employee Services Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Jul 29, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: system hr Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00702612
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency