: Part Time Non-Benefited PositionsSubscribe:
: Nurse Education DepartmentLocations:
: Charlestown, MAPosted:
: Aug 8, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
The Medical Director must be responsible for medical oversight of the program, and must:
- Review and approve the educational content of the program curriculum for appropriateness, medical accuracy, and reflection of current evidence-informed prehospital or emergency care practice.
- Review and approve the required minimum numbers for each of the required patient contacts and procedures listed in these Standards.
- Review and approve the instruments and processes used to evaluate students in didactic, laboratory, clinical, and field internship,
- Review the progress of each student throughout the program, and assist in the determination of appropriate corrective measures, when necessary.
- Ensure the competence of each graduate of the program in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains,
- Engage in cooperative involvement with the program director,
- Ensure the effectiveness and quality of any Medical Director responsibilities delegated to another qualified physician.
- Ensure educational interaction of physicians with students.
Medical Director Qualifications - The Medical Director must:
- A physician currently licensed and authorized to practice in the location of the program, with experience and current knowledge of emergency care of acutely ill and injured patients,
- Have adequate training or experience in the delivery of out-of-hospital emergency care, including the proper care and transport of patients, medical direction, and quality improvement in out-of-hospital care,
- Be an active member of the local medical community and participate in professional activities related to out-of-hospital care,
- Be knowledgeable about the education of the Emergency Medical Services Professions, including professional, legislative and regulatory issues regarding the education of the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
$7500.00 from date of hire through 12/31/22 (Fall 2022)
$7500 from 1/1/2023-6/30/2023 (Spring 2023)
Effective January 3, 2022, all Bunker Hill Community College employees will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless granted an accommodation.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE