Hourly Adjunct Faculty Position - MAT Grant - 26452 Faculty Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus College of Nursing Title: Adjunct Faculty Position supporting Database Development/Management Position #00687451 - Requisition #26452
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons. Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. The College of Nursing (CON) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks an hourly Adjunct Faculty Position supporting Database Development/Management. This hourly, non-benefitted position will support two current research and practice projects within the CU College of Nursing's Behavioral, Family, and Population Division. This position requires health-related research experience, specifically in data management, project management and implementation.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. Nature of Work:
This hourly Adjunct Faculty Position will support Database Development/Management for the Colorado MAT Expansion Program. This position will have primary responsibility for designing and maintaining databases with interactive web-based data entry and reporting capabilities, to be used by clinicians and/or trainers in remote locations who submit required program data to the central program site at the CU Anschutz College of Nursing. As time goes on, this position may be offered the chance to work on additional projects related to emerging research, service or teaching innovations at the CU College of Nursing.
The Colorado Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Expansion SB21-137 is a Colorado State -funded project that aims to increase the number of MAT providers and infrastructure to provide MAT services to SUD patients across Colorado. Details on this project may be found in this legislation: https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb21-137
, Section 4. This position will work primarily with the program evaluator and the implementation team on all program evaluation activities, which test the effects of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for patients with opioid use disorders in Colorado, in preparation of regulatory reporting to the sponsor and oversight bodies. Examples of Work Performed:
Activities will include, but not limited to:
- Working with users and evaluators to identify/interpret business rules, needs, and specification, to develop proper and efficient data solutions.
- Managing, integrating, and validating data from clinical sites, to ensure data quality, consistency, and security, as well as protection of participants' confidentiality.
- Developing database documentation.
- Proactively conducting performance testing and creating queries to import, manipulate and extract data from databases, included basic analyses to assure clean data quality and integrity.
- Creating systems for tracking and record keeping for all study-related data received from sites (e.g., recruitment, clinical services provided to patients, retention).
- Supporting the development of study protocols and operations manuals for onboarding for new staff in remote clinical sites on how to interact with data systems.
- Answering to data needs by clinical sites, setting reminders and assisting the evaluators to implement performance metrics and quality improvement action plans for clinical sites if program targets are not met.
- Tracking and coordinating elements of the evaluation program to assess impact of any proposed changes on the data collection systems.
- Assisting in preparing reports (quarterly, annual, ad hoc outcomes, processes, financial reports) to funders and stakeholders, as well as on local metrics for sites (e.g., dashboards).
- Diagnosing and solving system problems, including making recommendations on software, infrastructure, and database systems improvements.
- Handling platform security for users, including permissions, roles, and definitions.
- Participating in implementation team meetings, and remote and off-site training activities.
- Completing other database, regulatory and evaluation related tasks to support the program director and/or program evaluators, as appropriate.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority. Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this hourly position has been established at $28.85/hour to $45.65.hour.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Two years of experience in database design development, administration, management and reporting Experience working with structured query language (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL) or similar data management/ warehousing tools Experience with full stack development frameworks (e.g React.js, Next.js, and Node.js) Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's degree in Biostatistics, Data Science, Bioinformatics or related area of graduate level training, or a recognized field which is directly related to the duties of this position.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the master's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Experience with BI/data visualization /analytics platforms like Tableau or similar to build report, scorecards, and dashboards
- Experience with Data collection (e.g REDCap) and analysis tools (e.g SAS, R, SPSS)
- 3+ years of experience in an academic research environment, preferably nursing, public health or medical research related
- Experience performing analyses using a variety of statistical techniques, such as multiple linear regression, mixed and multilevel modeling, logistic regression, causal inference Bayesian modeling, and cost econometric analyses; and summarize results in reports and/or manuscripts
- Familiarity with working with APIs
- Familiarity working with clinical data, EMR/EHR
- Strong database design and management and computer skills (e.g. SQL products), experience with data entry (and training of current systems)
- Ability to use BI/data visualization tools to present, summarize, and evaluate data (including creating tables, charts, graphs and dashboards).
- Demonstrated competence in the use of basic statistical techniques
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Creative thinking, problem solving and decision-making ability including implications of changes in methods, data input, and policy for project implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm for collaborative team environment
- Results-oriented with strong customer serviced disposition and able to work through projects independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at once, while meeting deadlines in multiple program evaluation components.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution, including remote clinical sites
- High attention to detail and ability to apply methods, protocols Knowledge of relational database concepts, theory, and design
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by TWO WEEKS AFTER POSTING. Those who do not apply by this date may or may not be considered. Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Refer to requisition number: 26452. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers
and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Job Category
: Faculty Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20468 - CON-DEAN ADMINISTRATION Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Jun 21, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Tracy Gray Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00687451
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency