CAPE Administrative Assistant I - 26550 University Staff Description University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus School of Medicine | Dean's Office, CAPE Unit Official Title: Administrative Assistant I Working Title: CAPE Administrative Assistant I Position #00748051 – Requisition #26550
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons. Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. The Center for Advancing Professional Excellence (CAPE) has an opening for a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant I position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. Nature of Work:
The CAPE is a nationally accredited centerpiece of educational and evaluation innovation, located on the Anschutz Medical Campus of the University of Colorado Denver in 18,000 sf of state-of-the-art space. At the core of the Center's work is a dedication and passion to producing humanistic and scientifically grounded health professionals, using innovative methods to educate and evaluate the essential skills needed by these professionals to serve the citizens of Colorado and beyond. The Center also conducts research on the nature and quality of communication between patients and health care professionals, culture and medicine, interprofessional education, and many other areas.
The CAPE Administrative Assistant I will assist primarily with the proctoring of events at the CAPE. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with the preparation and clean up after events, inventory and restocking of supplies and some data entry. Examples of Work Performed: Event Support
- Monitor session paging ensuring announcements are playing timely and accurately.
- Monitor session recording ensuring cameras are recording timely and accurately.
- Assist hallway proctors with student and Standardized Patient (SP) system login issues.
- Edit SP checklist and learner's post encounter.
- Act as liaison between proctor and Education Technology team.
- Enter learner/session data, as needed.
- Assist front desk proctors with learner check-in / orientation / wayfinding, as needed.
- Assist with copying/printing and preparing packets, as needed.
- Ensure all computers are up and running day of session.
- Brief with Coordinators and Education Technology team.
- Attend session technology mocks/rehearsals.
- Audio/visual Setup for meeting rooms and session briefs/debriefs.
One year of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. Preferred Qualifications:
Previous experience with proctoring high-stakes exams. Previous experience working in a higher-education academic environment. Prior tech support knowledge. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Salary and Benefits:
- Familiarity with Microsoft systems: Word, Xcel, Power Point.
- Familiarity with web browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox.
- General computer troubleshooting: updates, restarts, cameras, microphones.
- Experience with video conferencing: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, etc.
- Adhere to CU guidelines on confidentiality & workplace practices.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people including members of the Center, Anschutz Medical Campus, clients from within and outside the institution, students, proctors, and teaching associates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $15.04 to $17.24 per hour.
The number of hours per week for this position will vary depending on event needs. Busier seasons are October to December and February to May.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers
and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Job Category
: Administrative Support and Related Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21351 - SOM-DEAN EO LL CAPE Schedule
: Part-time Posting Date
: Jun 29, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Melissa Giardina Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00748051
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency