The dean fulfills the mission and goals of the College by providing leadership, vision, and overall management of the College's student affairs and enrollment management functions in accordance with regulatory and accreditation standards. Serves as the senior student affairs and enrollment officer of the college reporting directly to the president. The essential functions include:
- Oversight of the planning, development, coordination, and improvement of the College’s strategic enrollment management functions.
- Engages in transformational leadership to promote engagement of teammates for the most efficient and effective operation of the department and college.
- Interprets, implements, and ensures compliance of contractual obligations, new or revised state and federal rules and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Utilizes a broad-based ongoing, integrated system of planning, evaluation and evidenced based decision making to improve the student affairs and enrollment functions of the College.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop and implement departmental and College-wide policies and procedures.
- The dean is responsible for the direction and leadership of a team that oversees the following areas: recruitment, admissions, and student onboarding; records, registration, and student information management; student life, health, and wellness; financial aid; college facilities and safety and security; and the college's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In addition, the dean promotes the college’s core values and standards of excellence through teamwork, caring, commitment to our mission and values, equity, integrity, respectful communication, maintenance of a safe and professional environment, synergistic partnership with those we serve, and anticipation of students’, colleagues’, and customers’ needs.
Master’s Degree in Student Services or related field required. Minimum of 3 years of experience in higher education leadership required. Experience in enrollment management required. Doctoral preparation and experience as a senior enrollment officer preferred.
Carolinas College of Health Sciences (www.CarolinasCollege.edu), consistently ranked among the best colleges in the nation, focuses on educating, engaging, and empowering professionals for an evolving healthcare environment. Graduates consistently exceed state and national certification testing benchmarks, demonstrating their exceptional preparedness in fields such as clinical laboratory science, diagnostic and radiologic science, and nursing. As a subsidiary of Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, students at Carolinas College access clinical education in a diverse network of care locations including academic medical centers, hospitals, and physician practices. A public, not-for-profit college, Carolinas College serves as a talent development engine preparing graduates to work at Atrium Health and in other evolving healthcare environments