Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion. At UC, today’s possibilities spark tomorrow’s reality. Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class biomedical professionals and for producing cutting-edge research that generates new knowledge with the goal of improving the health and clinical care of patients.
The College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology-Oncology, is recruiting for a full-time, postdoctoral fellow, to assist in the Takiar-Wise Draper Laboratory. The incumbent will conduct research and/or analyze research data and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of the University of Cincinnati.
Positions are temporary appointments as a research trainee.Essential Functions
- Conducts research studies in Immuno-oncology, biomarker discovery, and/or Head and Neck Cancer under the mentorship of a two-PI team, in a well-equipped and funded laboratory.
- Gather and analyze data and develop new ideas that promote current research.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, manuscripts and presentations of research results.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentation; may assist in grant writing.
- Keep informed of developments in field to maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies, as needed.
- May teach techniques to others, train, and mentor junior research staff.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Doctoral Degree in the appropriate field or discipline, or the recognized terminal degree, or the equivalent foreign equivalent.Required Experience
Additional Qualifications Considered
- In-depth knowledge of specialized field, process or discipline.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - Continuously Compensation and Benefits
- Knowledge/Experience: Entry level professional that demonstrates understanding of research fundamentals (e.g. testing and evaluating procedures, data validation and interpretation) and knows fundamental concepts of particular field or research Demonstrates increased professional capabilities; demonstrates continual success in performing increasingly more complex projects and studies that require seasoned/technical skills; demonstrates ability to improve current methods and evaluate innovative techniques.
- Ability to independently evaluate and select techniques, procedures and criteria; uses professional judgment assist with the management of projects/studies or resolve problems.
- Communication Skills: Desired candidate would be able to assist in the preparation of research papers, grants, and other documents for publication; advise staff on methods and procedures; explain technical information; present coherently and logically at journal clubs and scientific meetings.
- Capability to interface well with other professionals and technicians on projects/studies.
- Ability to perform a broad range of work with minimal supervision; entails involvement in a number of research projects/studies; understands interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and acts to preserve integrity of others’ deadlines and overall project/study progress and success.
- Willingness to receive technical guidance on more complex research issues; report progress to supervisor according to project plans, or based on employee’s discretion.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN