Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati
has embarked upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here
. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled academic, research and athletic momentum. As the global founder of cooperative education, UC remains a world-class leader in experience-based learning. U.S. News & World Report ranks UC’s co-op program in the Top 4
in the country, while the National Science Foundation places UC at No. 33 among America’s public research universities. A dynamic campus life environment boasts a diverse student body of nearly 47,000, what The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country,” and a history-making athletics program that has earned the respect of the Big 12 Conference.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s doctors are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Internal Medicine and Primary Care Network is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. With world-class research, teaching and medical practice opportunities, why not choose the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine?
The Division of General Medicine is looking for Primary Care Physicians licensed in the state of Ohio to provide primary care services at a new adult practice located in the heart of Clifton in downtown Cincinnati. Preferred applicants would have adult medicine experience.Essential Functions
- Diagnose diseases or study medical conditions using techniques such as gross pathology, histology, cytology, cytopathology, clinical chemistry, immunology, flow cytometry, and molecular biology.
- Write reports summarizing analyses, results, and conclusions.
- Identify the etiology, pathogenesis, morphological change, and clinical significance of diseases.
- Analyze and interpret results from tests.
- Document findings, plan, and actions taken according to departmental guidelines and standards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact on patient care.
- Maintain records and statistics in accordance with department policies.
- Attend and participate in staff, committee, department, and other administrative meetings.
- Participate in department's continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Provide education to other health care professionals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Licensed in the State of Ohio prior to start; MD or DO in related field. Board certified or board eligible in applicable field. Active DEA license.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN