Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The University of Cincinnati School of Social Work is searching for a full time faculty member to carry out the responsibilities associated with coordinating a robust field education program for the School’s BSW Distance Learning (BSW-DL) program. Essential Functions
- Identification, assessment, and selection of field placement sites in collaboration with BSW-DL students, faculty, and staff.
- Orientation of students to policies and practices related to field education in the School of Social Work.
- Collaboration with field placement sites to recruit, train, and coordinate the activities of field instructors.
- Recruitment, training, and coordination of field liaisons.
- Teaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to, field seminars that accompany the students’ field placements, as well as training and orientation sessions for field students, instructors, and liaisons.
- Service responsibilities may include participation in recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; program committee work and other tasks as assigned by the School’s Director or coordinated by the BSW-DL Program Director.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Master of Social Work degree.
- Five years post-MSW practice experience as a professional social worker.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology, educational learning management systems, and experience in course development.
- Three years of successful teaching and field coordination experience in social work.
- Experience in working with community organizations, especially in recruiting and placing students.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to take direction and coordinate work with colleagues, peers, and community partners.
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Compensation and Benefits
- Participation in Quality Matters.
- Active in professional activities.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN