Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion. Job Overview
The University of Cincinnati, College of Engineering and Applied Science, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, invites applications for a Post Doctoral Fellow (2) to perform research in The Lee Lab (https://joo-youplee-lab.weebly.com) in developing an innovative sorbent-based Direct Air Capture (DAC) technology. Candidates with a strong background in inorganic and organic chemistry, sorbent synthesis, characterization, and adsorption are encouraged to apply.Essential Functions
Successful candidates will conduct research and development for a successful bench-scale demonstration of Dr. Lee's sorbent-based DAC technology.Required Education
Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science is required by the appointment date.Application Process
- Qualified and interested applicants must complete our online application process by uploading your CV with the contact information of three (3) references.
- In addition to the application, candidates must submit two or three publications most closely relevant to the positions.
- Candidates can provide additional information for a consideration of the positions.
Qualified candidates can contact Dr. Joo-Youp Lee at [email protected]. Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN