Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion. About the Department
As among the oldest nursing schools in the country, the UC College of Nursing is a model of transdisciplinary research recognized for its impact and innovation. To further expand our strategic mission, we are hiring a Post Doctoral Fellow to support research efforts being led by Dr. Gordon Gillespie in the Institute for Nursing Research and Scholarship.Job Overview
Assist the Principal Investigator in a given department or field. The incumbent will conduct research and/or analyze research data and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of the University of Cincinnati. Positions are temporary appointments as a research trainee.
Assist the Principal Investigator in the College of Nursing's Institute for Nursing Research and Scholarship. The incumbent will conduct research and/or analyze research data and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of the University of Cincinnati. Positions are temporary appointments as a research trainee. This position has a projected duration for 1 year with an end date of June 30, 2023. Essential Functions
- Assist with subject recruitment and enrollment.
- Prepare data analyses, statistical analyses, reports, manuscripts, and presentations of research results.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentation; may assist in grant writing.
- Keep informed of developments in field to maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- May teach techniques to others, train, and mentor junior research staff.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well.
Doctoral Degree in health related field.Required Experience
Additional Qualifications Considered
- In-depth knowledge of specialized field, process or discipline.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
Experience in Occupational Safety and Health research.Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - ContinuouslyApplication Process
Compensation and Benefits
- Interested and qualified applicants must apply online and include a cover letter of interest and a current CV/Resume.
- All certifications and other documentation can be uploaded using the Additional Documents section in the application.
- Applications without a cover letter and CV/Resume will not be considered for the position.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN