Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion. Job Overview
A postdoctoral fellow position is available at the University of Cincinnati in the research group of Professor Ryan White for individuals with a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related fields. The position will focus on the development of electrochemical sensors employing functional nucleic acids and applications to localized measurements. Priority will be given to individuals with research experience in electrochemistry, and/or biosensor, biomaterial development, or scanning probe microscopy.Essential Functions
- Conduct research experiments in a particular field within the pre-determined research scope and methodology.
- Gather and analyze data and develop new ideas that promote current research.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, manuscripts and presentations of research results.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentation; may assist in grant writing.
- Keep informed of developments in field to maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies, as needed.
- May teach techniques to others, train, and mentor junior research staff.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Doctoral Degree in the appropriate field or discipline, or the recognized terminal degree, or the equivalent foreign equivalent.Required Experience
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - Continuously Compensation and Benefits
- In-depth knowledge of specialized field, process or discipline.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN