Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The School of Art at the University of Cincinnati is housed within the renowned College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning and is currently ranked among top programs nationwide. Our students enjoy access to the wealth of resources and diverse academic and cultural programing offered by a world-class research university. Students are encouraged to take courses from across the university, which, in 2015 was ranked in the top 130 universities in North America and as one of the top 300 in the world.
Our undergraduate and graduate programs empower students in our School of Art with a core of knowledge that provides a solid educational base. Our students are prepared for careers in the Fine Arts by a passionate faculty, rigorous academic endeavors, and a world-class professional practice (co-op) program. Rather than requiring students to declare a studio concentration, we offer an interdisciplinary curriculum that encourages students to focus on the development of their work through contact with internationally recognized faculty across all disciplines and media.
An adjunct instructor in the School of Art may be asked to teach courses in Art Education, Art History or Fine Arts according to his or her experience and qualifications. On a part-time limited basis, the Adjunct Faculty member’s primary academic functions include teaching, discovering, creating, and reporting knowledge to a diverse set of students.
On a part-time limited basis, the Adjunct Faculty member’s primary academic functions include teaching, discovering, creating, and reporting knowledge to a diverse set of students.Essential Functions
- Conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- May serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
- Master degree in field to be taught from an accredited institution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex material to students unfamiliar with a subject.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Compensation and Benefits
- Complete an "Applicant Profile" and upload your CV/Resume.
- Upload under the 'Additional Documents' section one document in PDF format: "Letter of Interest" which clearly states your area of teaching experience; List of two professional references; 10 images of student work; Professional website address.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN