Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The University of Cincinnati is a thriving top-25 research university situated in a city with eight Fortune 500 companies. The Lindner College of Business leverages this strength to offer students an environment of academic excellence with an emphasis on experiential learning. The UC Marketing Department plays a strong role in the University’s “Next Lives Here” strategic plan and the Digital Futures and Innovation District initiatives. The Department of Marketing houses the largest undergraduate major on campus, an online/on-campus Master of Science in Marketing program, as well as a strong Ph.D. program. Our department is both collegial and productive with a strong commitment to quality teaching and research. Cincinnati is a well-connected city with a temperate climate and low cost of living. Located on the banks of the Ohio River, it has a vibrant downtown, and numerous suburbs all conveniently located within 30 minutes of the University. While the region contains over two million people, Cincinnati combines small-town friendliness with all of the advantages of a big city. It offers a lively downtown district filled with breweries, unique restaurants, events and attractions, including professional sports. Cincinnati is known as “the cradle of brands” and an Ohio Hub of Consumer Marketing and Innovation. The University is strategically located in a diverse business environment that includes more Fortune 500 companies per capita than New York, Los Angeles, Boston, or Chicago. It also has a thriving arts community including ballet, opera, art museums, symphony, and theater. Cincinnati wins high praise on many dimensions including low housing costs and high quality education and health care. Newsweek named Cincinnati’s Findlay Market as one of the “Ten Best Food Markets in the World.” The community is welcoming, friendly, and inclusive. Mashable has ranked Cincinnati one of America's most social cities, and the Human Rights Campaign gives us a perfect score on its Municipal Equality Index for LGBTQ inclusiveness. Job Overview
The Carl H. Lindner College of Business, Department of Marketing, invites applications for a non-tenure track position at the level of Assistant Professor - Educator.
This search will remain open until the position is filled. Desired start date is August 2023. Appointment Details
Initial appointment is up to three years and can be renewed. Anticipated course load is 12 credit hours per semester. While this Educator faculty position does not require research, the position is ideal for individuals who value academic research and want to be surrounded by faculty who are world-class researchers. The Educator faculty in the Department are welcome to participate in research seminars and attend presentations without the pressure of having publication requirements. We encourage our Educator faculty to bring research findings into the classroom to enhance the educational experience for our students.Essential Functions
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in subjects such as Digital Marketing, Professional Selling, Fashion Marketing, Marketing Research and other possible topics. This includes course preparation and curriculum development, delivering course content and leading hands-on exercises, holding office hours, as well as grading and preparing assessment materials.
- Classes may include face-to-face and online versions.
- Additional responsibilities will entail participating in curriculum/course development, developing online courses, education-related service activities (e.g., advising student organizations, academic standards review) and business community outreach.
- This position is much like “clinical” or “field service” positions at other universities.
- The position is represented by the AAUP.
- Master's degree in Marketing or MBA.
- PhD in Marketing or related field is ideal.
- Some prior teaching experience is required.
Attach the following documents to your application.
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Compensation and Benefits
- Cover Letter.
- List of three references – names and contact information. Should we move forward with your application we will contact references.
- Two-page narrative describing your teaching philosophy.
- List of courses taught and summary of course evaluations.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN