Program Coordinator for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Thiel College, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Program Coordinator for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. Thiel College seeks a visionary leader in the field of Nursing who will bring a commitment to serving the Greenville, PA community and region. This position reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and works closely with departments across campus to ensure student and program success. Faculty appointment will be made at the level reflective of the candidate’s academic and professional experience. A comprehensive employee benefit package including research support and a sabbatical program is provided.
- Work closely with faculty from the Sharon Regional Medical Center’s School of Nursing to coordinate the joint RN/BSN program. Collaboration with the faculty and Academic Affairs to lead an exceptionally strong nursing program; Collaboration with administration to open additional partnerships with other hospital-based nursing programs in the region; Curriculum development and program planning; Assessment and accreditation; Budget management; Collaboration with Admissions and Marketing to increase awareness of Thiel’s Nursing program and to attract prospective Nursing students to the College; Dedication to and passion for creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive learning environment in which students thrive and develop as leaders; and Professional development in their fields through opportunities such as attendance at related conferences, research, or other scholarly activities.
- M.S. in Nursing.
- A current, unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- 1-2 years of experience in nursing education or comparative teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build partnerships with regional health systems and other allied health programs.
About Thiel College:
Thiel College is an independent liberal arts, sciences and professional studies institution committed to providing quality undergraduate education. Founded in 1866 as a coeducational institution in western Pennsylvania, Thiel College is an independent liberal arts college rooted in the Lutheran tradition. Offering distinctive programs in the arts and humanities, social and natural sciences, and professional studies, together with engaging co-curricular and athletic opportunities, Thiel provides an accessible and inclusive learning environment that emphasizes service to society. Thiel’s residential campus offers a safe and supportive setting in which to grow and learn. Thiel’s campus in Greenville, Pennsylvania also isn't far from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Erie, which allows students to explore and pursue a variety of internship opportunities.
About the Nursing Department:
Thiel College has formed a strategic partnership with the Sharon Regional Medical Center’s School of Nursing, which has been preparing students to practice as registered nurses since 1899. This experience combined with Thiel’s century and a half tradition of education in the liberal arts and sciences means students don’t have to sacrifice either state-of-the art scientific training or the benefits of a liberal arts education.
Students in the program are admitted to both Thiel College’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program and Sharon Regional’s Registered Nurse program. Upon completion of both programs, students will earn an R.N. through Sharon Regional, and complete additional coursework at Thiel College to graduate with a B.S.N. This opens up many opportunities for the graduates of this collaborative program.
About the Greenville, PA Area:
Thiel College is proud to call Greenville, PA, and the greater Mercer County area, its home. The Greenville area and Thiel are more than just neighbors. Thiel is committed to working with area partners and organizations to make the community an even better place to live, work, learn and play. Located along the beautiful and historic Shenango River, Greenville lies roughly 90 minutes from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Erie. Greenville itself boasts seven beautiful parks, the biggest being Riverside Park, which houses its own recreation center and outdoor amphitheater. You can also find community theater, and three museums to explore. Residents have access to fine public and parochial schools, a highly respected hospital system, excellent restaurants, numerous service organizations, and nearby lake areas for recreation, camping and ample fishing.
You can learn more about Greenville and Mercer County here: https://www.visitmercercountypa.com/
Application and Nomination Process:
All correspondence relating to the position of Program Coordinator for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at Thiel College should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive search consultant:
Erin House, Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position; Updated CV; Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by September 26, 2022, will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.