Clinical Associate ProfessorPosition Number :
966006Vacancy Open to :
All Candidates Department :
EHH BSOM Psychiatry and Behav MedDepartment Homepage :
https://psychiatry.ecu.edu/Advertising Department :
ECU Health/BSOMClassification Title :
Clinical Associate ProfessorWorking Title :
Division Head of Child & Adolescent PsychiatryNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with qualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Physician)Organizational Unit Overview:
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, along with its clinical partner ECU Health, is seeking a innovative and highly collaborative clinician to provide executive and strategic leadership as the Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Job Duties :
The Division Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry will have the demonstrated experience necessary to lead and manage the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division with the drive and persistence to expand the Child and Adolescent services over the next several years. The Division Head will be involved in the newly announced 144 bed state of the art Behavioral Health Hospital scheduled to open in 2025.
With a mission of teaching, research, and service, ECU is a dynamic institution connecting people with ideas, finding solutions to problems, and seeking the challenges of the future. It is the 3rd largest public university in NC, with over 27,000 students and 5,600 faculty and staff. Located in the coastal region of North Carolina in Greenville, ECU is a rapidly growing city of more than 90,000 persons in Pitt County (population 168,148); ECU is located approximately 85 miles east of Raleigh, the capital city of North Carolina and approximately 87 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean in a temperate climate with rare snowfall and approximately 85 miles east of Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina. ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1100 academic and community providers. There are over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. For more information, visit ECUHealth.org.
Specific job responsibilities will include:Minimum Education/Experience :
· Collaborate with leadership to create, seek, and execute strategic initiatives to further the Brody School of Medicine mission; including Child and Adolescent fellowship, robust hospital service and inpatient child unit.· Identify and obtain resources to optimize clinic services and achieve goals for patient access, patient volume, physician availability and training, productivity, and quality improvement.· Optimize patient safety and quality of care working with the Medical Director to ensure clinical quality improvement and patient safety.· Contribution to an environment which enhances professional development of division members with the goal of achieving a highly motivated physician and allied professional group.· Recruitment and retention of well-trained and qualified professional staff to the division within the clinical needs and compensation policies of ECU Health.· Foster medical education and research in all clinical programs, assuring engagement of all faculty in these efforts.· Support scholarly activities which include the education of child psychiatry residents, active research, and support of the school’s research strategy.· Serve as the ‘face’ of child and adolescent psychiatry and build external relationships, expand the sphere of influence, advocate for improvements and change within the division and seek external support and philanthropy.· Responsible for fiscal stewardship and operational management in partnership with department administration.· Focus on patient satisfaction and maintaining a family-centric environment and culture to ensure service and operational excellence that maximize patient satisfaction, outcomes, and impact within and beyond ECU Health.· Attendance at child and adolescent departmental meetings and general medical staff meetings as required by hospital and school bylaws.
Leadership activities, including patient satisfaction and safety initiatives, risk management and peer review activities.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
- MD or DO from an appropriately accredited institution
- Completion of an accredited psychiatry residency training program or of an approved combined medicine-psychiatry or family medicine-psychiatry residency training program
- ABPN Board Certification in both Adult and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in North Carolina prior to the start of appointment
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
- Graduate of a medical school approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education of the AAMC and the Council of Medical Education on the AMA; Graduate of an ACGME -accredited psychiatry residency training program and ACGME-accredited child and adolescent training program. Board Certified by ABPN in general and child and adolescent psychiatry. Eligible for license in the State of North Carolina.
· We are seeking candidates with prior administrative and leadership experience, strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively inspire, manage, mentor, and develop faculty and staff.Special Instructions to Applicant :
· 8 years of experience.· Appropriate for Associate Professor of Psychiatry or a higher academic rank.
- Experience working in academic healthcare setting· Clinical research background preferred
ECU requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition, please also submit the following required applicant documents online:Additional Instructions to Applicant:
· Letter of Interest· Curriculum Vitae· List of Three References
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
08/08/2022Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Professor, Associate ProfessorQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.Eligibility for Employment :
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or ADA-Coordinator@ecu.edu.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.