University of Idaho
Professor of European History
College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
$62,400-$64,500, depending on experience
The Department of History
in the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Idaho invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Twentieth Century European History, beginning August 14, 2023. We are especially interested in candidates who specialize in Eastern or Central Europe. This position would contribute to undergraduate curriculum with courses on the Histories of Eastern Europe, The Middle East, Russia, and The Holocaust, as well as World History survey courses. In order to contribute to our graduate programs, expertise in public facing history, material culture, cultural heritage management, or other forms of community engagement is also preferred.
Candidates are expected to show a strong potential for excellence in research and teaching and should have a Ph.D. in history, public history, or a related field in hand by start date of appointment, but ABDs close to completion may also be considered.
- PhD in History or related field
- ABDs close to completion may also be considered.
- Record of research, teaching, or service that demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Experience with publicly engaged history projects.
- Research and teaching interests which complement, and build upon, the department’s present strengths.
- Strong potential or demonstrated experience with research productivity, including publications, presentations, and grant writing.
Open Until Filled:
Applications must be received by November 1, 2022 for priority review. Applicant materials must include all of the following:1) cover letter
2) curriculum vitae
3) 2-3 page statement describing current and future research projects (upload as Statement of Research)
4) 2-3 page pedagogy statement (upload as Statement of Teaching)
5) writing sample (upload as Other Document 1)6) list of 3 references7) statement explaining how diversity, equity, and inclusion inform past, present and/or future professional experiences (scholarship/teaching/service) (upload as Other Document 2)
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency