Pittsburgh, PA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Assistant Professor of Business
Chatham University is seeking an Assistant Professor of Business. We are looking for an innovative educator with academic experience in general business content that incorporates sustainable business practices and theories.
This 9-month faculty appointment provides a unique opportunity to impact the growing business department.
The selected candidate will:
- Enhance the effectiveness of the business program for educating the next generation of business leaders at the institution where Rachel Carson began her journey to spark the modern environmental movement.
- Expand knowledge and application of sustainable business practices for students via core courses within the department.
- Teach undergraduate courses with a focus on the intersection of business and sustainability.
Recruitment for this position is guided by a search advocate whose role is to foster a diverse and inclusive candidate pool. The search committee will utilize non-biased interviewing and evaluation techniques in the selection process. A review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Chatham University strives to promote multicultural awareness, understanding and competencies within our community. We actively work to build and sustain an engaged, inclusive, diverse, and equitable campus culture, which in turn promotes employee and student satisfaction, retention, and success, both individually and collectively.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Teach 18 credits per academic year in course business courses including Foundations of Business and Organizational Behavior.
- Serve as an academic advisor to students.
- Engage in scholarly endeavors.
- Engage in service to the University and to the broader community and sustainability profession.
- Academic Training: PhD or other doctoral degree in a relevant field including, but not limited to, business administration, sustainable business administration, or sustainable finance.
- Experience working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives.
- Commitment to contributing to an inclusive and equitable campus community.
- Preferred qualifications include analytics or finance.
Renewal and promotion follow Chatham standards for faculty.
Chatham is committed to developing an inclusive campus community and encourage applications by members of historically underrepresented groups.
Application materials should detail how your teaching and professional practice have supported the success of first-generation students and students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. Applications received by September 6 will receive primary consideration. To ensure full consideration, applications should include all of the following:
- Cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching, research, and diversity statements
- Contact information for three professional references.
All documents should be uploaded in the "Resume" section at the same time at the time of application.
Chatham University offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including tuition remission for qualified employees and their dependents.
About Chatham University:
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences, and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and-as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)-is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA-one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns - Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Persons of color, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.