Federal Work Study - Office of Financial Aid Location:
Atl Metropolitan State College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
The Office of Financial Aid Office is student assistant to assist in greeting, directing and assisting students and families in the processes of financial aid. Perform staff support functions including but not limited to: answering phone calls, directing students and families to staff and departments, copying, tracking information, directing student to complete required documents, assist walk-ins with computer processes (FAFSA, FSA ID, Terms and Conditions, etc.), and other duties as assigned.
- Provides assistance to students with completing their FAFSA on the computers in the lobby
- Assist students with creating FSA ID User Names and Passwords.
- Help students with Accepting their Financial Aid Award Package.
- Assist students in accessing the AMSC. Portal, Student Forms and Financial Aid Forms.
- Assist students in accessing and completing FA Verification Documents correctly.
- Perform clerical duties such as restocking financial aid pamphlets and flyer
- Currently enrolled in Atlanta Metropolitian State College
- Must be eligible for a Federal Work Study Award.
- Complete FAFSA
- Demonstrate FA need
- Good academic standing
- Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Flexible work schedule between the hours of 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30 am - 12:30 pm Friday
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (404) 756-4047, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation, including a criminal background check; demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Atlanta Metropolitan State College, as determined by Atlanta Metropolitan State College in its sole discretion; confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials; and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.