Clinical Supervisor - Radiology
- Harper College
- Palatine, IL
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Starting Pay Rate: Per Clinical Supervisor Pay Scale
Schedule Information: Days/evenings/weekends depending upon course schedule
***This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates for the above subjects. As teaching needs arise, these applications will be reviewed for possible interviews***
The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Your application can remain "Under Review by Committee" for 18 months. You may check your status at any time by logging into jobs.harpercollege.edu with your username and password.
Duties of Position: The clinical supervisor will be able to:
- Possess extensive knowledge in radiographic positioning skills according to Merril’s Atlas.
- Teach positioning to radiologic technology students in the lab setting.
- Operate x-ray/digital equipment setting techniques manually and with AEC.
- Critique radiographic images.
- Evaluate student image critiques and scenarios.
- Promote student critical thinking skills in trauma settings.
- Evaluate student performance during positioning competencies.
- Display excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a team of radiologic technology educators.
- Registered ARRT (R)
- Licensed in the state of Illinois (IEMA)
- A.A.S. degree, but bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience Requirements: At least 2 years of employment as a Radiologic Technologist, with trauma experience.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Founded in 1965, William Rainey Harper College is a dynamic comprehensive community college situated on a 200-acre campus in Chicago’s northwest suburbs. The College is committed to diversity, and encourages the development of multicultural perspectives.
Annually, the College serves approximately 25,000 students from 23 communities. Providing both transfer and career programs, Harper offers degrees and a wide range of credit, continuing education and corporate training for students of all ages and interests. In order to provide accessible higher education to all, we offer a flexible schedule of daytime, nighttime and weekend classes at our main campus and at several other sites conveniently located throughout our service area.
Harper College is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and has received the coveted Bond Rating of Aaa from Moody’s Investor Service. We are committed to our Institutional Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Collaboration.
William Rainey Harper College is committed to academic integrity and excellence. The College is a leader in teaching and learning, transforming lives by responding to the needs of the individual and the community.
Benefits offered to employees include tuition reimbursement/professional expense, health/life/dental/disability insurance, participation in the State University Retirement System (SURS) and tax deferred annuity plans as well as fourteen paid holidays. Harper also offers some on-site childcare, a summer camp for children, and much more.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer that encourages applications from women, minority group members and persons with disabilities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert