Adjunct Faculty - Nursing - PT
- Mount Mary University
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Nursing
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Mount Mary University is seeking an individual to join our community and contribute to the realization of our Mission through the role of an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Nursing in the BSN program. We are a community of faculty who value relationships with our students and colleagues. We are committed to a compassionate and effective undergraduate education for our students. Adjunct appointments are based on specific needs in assigned courses, which may include classroom, clinical, and simulation instruction.
Position 1: Seeking Adjunct faculty for clinical supervision in Long Term Care and Medical Surgical settings with some Lab and Simulation Oversight for fall and spring semesters (AY 22/23).
Position 2. Seeking adjunct faculty for didactic, lab, simulation, and clinical supervision in Foundational Nursing Courses for fall and spring semester (AY 22/23).Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver instruction in didactic, lab, and simulation settings; assess student performance
- Teach a specific set of BSN courses based on department need and applicant skill set
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics and best practices for baccalaureate nursing education
- Demonstrate commitment to promoting inclusiveness and cultural competence; experience working with underrepresented students and students from at-risk backgrounds Collaborate with colleagues on curriculum review and course assessmentManifest a commitment to the mission of Mount Mary UniversityIncorporate effective teaching practices Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with Mount Mary students, employees, and alumnaeCollaborate in a team environment including the ability to work with diverse groups, facilitate group processes and foster effective decision makingEngage with nursing department activitiesProvide service to the institution and the communityPerform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned
- Experience in clinical, lab, and simulation supervision
- Experience in didactic delivery
- Previous experience teaching a diverse student body is desired
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required Ph.D. or DNP preferred. Will consider a BSN-prepared nurse with relevant clinical experience and significant progress toward an advanced degree.
- Current, unencumbered Wisconsin nursing license is required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- Teaching experience in the classroom, laboratory, and simulation environments
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversityMount Mary Universityhttps://mtmary.applicantpro.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert