Deputy Athletic Director for External RelationsAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Vice President Of Institutional AdvancementProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
The Deputy Athletic Director for External Relations is responsible for coordinating the external affairs of the department of athletics including development, marketing, and media relations. Primary emphasis will be on developing and cultivating donors and supporters for the athletic department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and coordinates all external aspects of the athletic department (development, sponsorships, ticket sales, sports information, marketing, etc.)
- Identifies and cultivates alumni, supporters, and friends that may have an interest in supporting Lion athletics and TAMUC student-athletes
- Works closely with the Director of Athletics to evaluate coaches and sport programs within the department
- Responsible for coordinating annual solicitation and special project fundraising efforts for Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards leadership annual giving and major gift prospects in collaboration with the Vice President for Philanthropy and the Athletic leadership.
- Collaborates with athletic coaches and staff to identify priority athletics fundraising needs.
- Builds, maintains, and strengthens positive relationships with individuals within and external to, the University community.
- Responsible for achieving performance goals, as outlined by the Director of Athletics, Vice President for Philanthropy and Engagement, and/or the President/CEO.
- Regularly attends and participates in university wide functions.
Deputy AD minimum requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Nine years of related experience in intercollegiate athletics or philanthropic environment; at least 5 years of leading an external or development department; at least 3 years of sport supervisory or sport administration experience
- Knowledge / Skills: Strong organizational skills, ability to work well with colleagues and students. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated understanding of relational fundraising and skill to convincingly articulate needs and goals that motivate potential donors to make gifts. Outstanding organization and time management skills to function efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, and self-motivated environment. Superior attention to detail and commitment to high standards of excellence and customer service. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of constituents, internal and external, campus wide. Excellent presentation skills. Strong work ethic, personal integrity, and strategic thinking. Effective consensus builder. Proficiency with Microsoft tools. Experience with relational databases or CRMs. Knowledge of database applications. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to: multitask, follow through, and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely. Ability to manage several large projects simultaneously. Ability to quickly learn and utilize people, resources, and information across the campus. Ability to work well with colleagues and students.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid Driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Frequent travel averaging about 40% of time spent out of the office. Travel will include air and overnight stays.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Master’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 5 years senior level experience with a DI institution and representation at a conference level meeting. Higher Education fundraising experience with emphasis in Athletics or face-to-face solicitation. Database (particularly Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT) application experience.
- Student-athlete/Coaching experience preferred
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.