Vice Chancellor Business and FinancePosition Number::
000004Full-Time Or Part-Time::
Finance and Administration Posting Number::
EHRA (Non-Faculty) Job Category::
Exec, Admin, ManagerialOverall Position Competency::
Flat RateDescription of primary duties and responsibilities::
The Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance is a member of the University’s senior management team and reports directly to the Chancellor. Position serves as the chief financial officer of the university. The Vice Chancellor is responsible for ensuring the fiscal and administrative integrity of the university and overseeing all university financial and accounting practices along with overseeing its facilities, police and public safety and auxiliary operations. The position also requires extensive knowledge and experience of accounting, budgeting, business operations, investments, capital projects, financial planning and reporting as well as the ability to interpret higher education governance documents and legislation, and the fiscal impact on the university. Also, the Vice Chancellor must understand the potential of technology and its applications, particularly regarding financial management systems and other administrative support systems. The Vice Chancellor must develop a working relationship with members of the local business community.Description of Work Continued::
• Provides leadership and strategic direction, to the departments within Finance and Administration that include Budget and Finance, Policy and Public Safety, Facilities Management, Business (Auxiliary) Services and Systems and Procedures.Minimum Education And Experience Requirements::
• Collaborates with a myriad of cross campus committees/groups in an effort to achieve the goals in support of the overall mission of the University.
• Develops goals and evaluates the performance of the direct reports to the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance.
Ensures that business plans, crisis management plans, fiscal internal controls, budget policies and procedures for reporting areas are current.
• Participates as a key member of senior staff with the responsibility for achieving goals in support of the mission of the university.
• Develops and implements long term financial planning and forecasting models
• Oversight to ensure that state of the art facilities, and equipment, are procured for the University.
• Coordinates and manages the budget for the University. Ensures that the financial data necessary for administrative planning and decision-making is available as needed.
• Oversees the development of various plans and/or reports such as the annual operating budget, capital budget, performance measurement reports, financial indicator reports and others are required.
• Ensures quality in fiscal, facility, public safety, parking and transportation operations of the University with the intent of satisfying the goals and objectives of the University.
• Direct the management of comprehensive financial, capital and master plans. Sets high standards for assessing the quality of fiscal responsibility, business processes, customer service, internal controls, etc.
• Stimulates the development, implementation and assessment of long-range plans, including the continuous assessment of the University’s capital plan, campus safety, enhancement of campus services, the integration of technological tools, and improvements to management reporting.
• Identifies new sources of revenue to support priorities identified in the goals and priorities.
• Provide input and oversight on activities of the university wide project implementation of key initiatives.
• Advises the Chancellor on all matters relating to the administrative functions of the University. Becomes involved in and takes leadership responsibility for, other tasks as assigned by the Chancellor as needed. Represents the university to appropriate external groups and individuals.
Master’s Degree or CPA with a minimum of 10 years of experience in leadership positions with increasing responsibility for and success in finance and strategic resource management.Knowledge, Skills And Abilities::
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills — having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in areas within reporting structure; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.Preferred Qualifications::
Leading through Vision and Values — keeping the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of associate decision making and action.
Strategic Decision Making — obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
Communications — clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Building Trust — interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Developing Others — planning and supporting the development of individuals’ skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated higher education financial operations, facility management, financial compliance and auxiliary service experience and expertise. A record of innovative leadership in strategic planning, oversight of major capital projects, capital financing, and budget and management systems, preferably in higher education or a government entity, is desired.Special Instructions To Applicants::
To apply for this position, please email a letter of interest and resume to Open Until Filled::
YesAdditional Information for Applicants:
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement::
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).Veteran's Statement:
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Quick Link::