PG191930EPInternal Recruitment :
Assistant Clinical Professor of Clinical PathologyAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education and experienceWork Schedule:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Population Health and PathobiologyAbout the Department:
The mission of the Department of Population Health and Pathobiology is to recruit, train, inspire, and graduate Doctors of Veterinary Medicine of exemplary knowledge, skill, and character. In order to maintain the intellectual and professional climate necessary to accomplish this mission, the department’s faculty will advance veterinary medical science through innovative basic and applied research, inspired mentoring of students (undergraduate, professional, residents, and graduate), excellence in clinical and diagnostic services, and innovative extension and engagement activities.Essential Job Duties:
NC State University is in close proximity to two other major universities (Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) and the Research Triangle Park, which includes many governmental agencies, non-profit institutes, biotechnology and large pharmaceutical companies. Relationships have been developed with commercial clinical pathology laboratories in the area.
The college is committed to practicing inclusivity, making community a priority and promoting innovation. We embrace effective leadership and we champion personal and professional growth.
The College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) at North Carolina State University invites applications for a non-tenure track Clinical Pathology position (3 year appointment). The appointment will be at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor.
This position contributes to the teaching, service and scholarly mission of the Population Health and Pathobiology Department. The responsibilities assigned to this position are 80-85% teaching and clinical service duty including the diagnostic interpretation of cytology, hematology and urine samples, consultations with clinicians regarding laboratory results or sample submissions, and assay development/implementation. Teaching responsibilities include didactic and small group instruction of DVM students and hands-on training of pathology residents and other House Officers. In addition:
- Provides routine clinical service availability of a board eligible/certified clinical pathologist at all times.
- Continue providing clinical rotations in clinical pathology for HO in specialty services to meet board eligibility requirements.
- Engage in scholarly activity in addition to mentorship of clinical pathology residency projects.
- Strengthen interactions with NCSU clinical service groups to assess and meet the needs for new tests, equipment, clinical concerns and educational needs.
- Maintain excellence in clinical pathology residency training and recruitment of competitive candidates.
Opportunities for collaborative research exist with a preference towards research aimed at developing novel or improved diagnostic tests. Collaboration exist within NCSU as well as with regional universities (Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), government agencies and corporations within the Research Triangle.Other Responsibilities:
Perform other related duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
Other Required Qualifications:
- DVM degree or equivalent and Board eligible or Diplomate status (American College of Veterinary Pathologists or European College of Veterinary Pathology).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere.
- Aptitude for, or experience in teaching, preferably clinical pathology instruction.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- American College Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) Diplomate status.
- A Ph.D. or M.S. is highly desirable.
Valid NC Driver's License required:
- Eligibility for veterinary licensure (or faculty certificate) in the State of North Carolina is required.
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
07/29/2022Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a CV, cover letter, and contact information for professional references.Position Number:
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
196001 - Dept-Population,Health,PathobiAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.