Schedule Information: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional evening hours.
Hours per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Lie & Disability; Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay; Personal Business; Harper Tuition Waivers; and Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Work is primarily-indoor and sedentary in nature. Driving is necessary to travel to sites.
Duties of Position: Supports student learning at multiple Adult Education sites/modalities with the goal of increasing learning success. Provides referrals and resources for students to address barriers to learning.
- Maintains site and materials at classrooms available to students and teachers.
- Maintains teachers informed of resources at Harper College and answers non-curricular questions.
- Maintains teachers aware of supports for their students in their communities.
- Orients teachers to new sites.
- Assists FT faculty by working with publishers as instructional materials are updated.
- Supports new teachers, directing them to resources and training.
- Coordinates publisher materials trainings for the instructors.
- Assists instructors with transition and placement decisions for their students.
- Manages “welcome” week and other events at all locations to improve student persistence.
- Facilitates student interaction with ADS and accommodations for GED testing.
- Annual ICCB ADA Coordinator training to be the ADA Coordinator for the program.
- Provides referrals and resources for students to continue learning program (both inside and outside of Harper).
- Stays current about issues within the community and shares timely resources with students in an accessible format.
- Works with LCC staff to provide all Harper student services at the satellite location.
- Works with Registration and Testing team to provide support, in particular student placement.
- Serves as a liaison to the Director of AED addressing student concerns and issues.
- Collaborates in the development of new student orientations.
- Assists with preparation of materials at instructional sites.
- Participates with AJC and Harper WIOA coordinator to serve customers of the Workforce system.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop multi-lingual materials and messaging.
- Assists with HSE and ELA celebrations and recognitions.
- Collaborates with part time Student Services Specialist to answer questions in a timely fashion.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Education or related field. Preferred fluency in Spanish language.
Experience Requirements: Minimum three years experience in education, instructional support, program development or student services.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: August 12, 2022.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.