2550 Bending Branch Way, Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Manage and oversee the campus career center by supporting learning through comprehensive career services programming related to career success. Collaborate with other center managers, student and enrollment services, academic/workforce departments, and alumni services to promote the career development of Collin College students and alumni.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the campus career center.
- Advertise and promote jobs to students and alumni through campus/district job postings and social media.
- Coach students and alumni on career issues including: job search strategies, resume writing, industry/company research, networking, application, and interviewing through one on one assistance and workshops.
- Develop and present campus based career-related workshops and class presentations.
- Coordinate with other Career Center managers in programming and planning annual events such as Job Fairs, Business Makeover events, etc.
- Create weekly, monthly, semester, and year-end reports as needed.
- Establish programming goals and measures for the Campus Career Center, including long-range planning and assessment which are in alignment with both District and Divisional strategic goals.
- Establish and maintain recruiting relationships with local and regional employers; partner with local employers to increase the number of employment opportunities for students and alumni;
- Maintain cooperative partnerships to identify viable job opportunities for students, career fair participation, guest speakers, etc.
- Research and communicate current job postings to active candidates on a regular basis.
- Research and maintain current information regarding labor market trends and the occupational outlook for a wide range of careers.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate support staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Career testing using MBTI and STRONG, MyPlan, Career Coach, one-on-one interpretations.
- Knowledge of Career Development theories and resources, experiential education programs, and job search tools and strategies.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge in Marketing- Principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products.
- Strong commitment to being a team member within the Student & Enrollment Services division.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and show good judgment in leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, human relation, organizational, interpersonal, and administration skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to determine the level of education needed for the job description, majors required, and industry demand.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and two (2) years of college or university related experience with career services and career exploration and programming.
Demonstrated knowledge of career guidance through the utilization of paper and computerized assessments.
One (1) year of supervisory experience required.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.