Applications are being accepted for a full-time Administrative Assistant- General Studies at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position will provide administrative support and technical assistance to the Dean of General Studies and related work teams.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place Monday August 8th.
1. Provide technical assistance and administrative support to the Dean of General Studies and other unit managers. Coordinate and schedule meetings and special initiatives, prepare meeting agendas, record and distribute meeting minutes and schedule appointments with internal and external customers for the Dean of General Studies.
2. Provide administrative support for college-wide accreditation duties and projects, to include evidence collection, report compilations, written and verbal communications, meeting preparation, PowerPoint design, webpage maintenance, and marketing materials to inform College staff about accreditation efforts.
3. Coordinate the communication of information among work teams within the Instructional Unit and work teams throughout the College. Create and maintain documents used by the Instructional Unit work teams. Gather and track data requested by the Dean of General Studies. Develop and produce related reports.
4. Coordinate preparation of Instructional Unit budget including preparation and compilation of materials for Dean of General Studies. Assist with facilitation of budget process. Verify coding and figures on expense vouchers, purchase requisitions, P-card statements, mileage reports and other district forms. Maintain file of college forms and records.
5. Provide project management assistance for the General Studies team. Research and compile data for projects and create supporting documentation.
6. Serve as primary public contact for the dean. Schedule rooms for meetings, trainings, and seminars as necessary to support the academic division.
7. Train and assign work study student(s) and temporary staff. Provide back up support to other Academic Administrative Assistants and perform other duties as assigned.8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in a related field required. Bachelor’s preferred.2. Three years of related work experience, including experience as an administrative assistant.3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate professionally in a variety of modes including instant messaging, email, texting, written text and verbal. Knowledge and experience with internet-based meeting preferred.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.
6. Willingness to take initiative, work independently with little supervision and make decisions with minimum direction. Must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize special projects with routine assignments. Ability to adapt to changes and interruptions in the daily work.
7. Ability to work with detailed information, compile statistics and data for reports and to compose appropriate memos and correspondence. Ability to compose memos, agendas, minutes, presentations and other related correspondence.
8. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, analyze information, resolve problems and make recommendations.
9. Thorough knowledge of database operations and educational software applications. Expertise with MS Office Suite, including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, TEAMS, and SharePoint, and Outlook. Experience with an ERP, such as Banner, or other student administration systems.
10. Strong problem-solving skills to include accuracy and attention to detail. Must demonstrate ability to capture essential issues, suggest solutions and provide research and follow-through.
11. Knowledge of accounting methods and procedures and experience with budget preparation and tracking preferred.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) preferred.
13. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program