Department: Social Sciences
Pay Grade: F10 (Faculty, 10-month) Senior Lecturer or Assistant Professor Rank (based upon qualifications)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Ten-month faculty are assigned primarily teaching duties of 30 Teacher Load Hours (TLH) during an academic year (approximately 30 credits). The work expectation for faculty is 37.5 hours per week for professional duties; however, actual hours worked on- and off-campus in any given week can vary according to grading, class preparation requirements, meeting schedules, professional development activities, and office hours. Ten-month faculty responsibilities are primarily to teach students and assess learning and secondarily to engage in professional development and to provide service to the college community. Faculty reports to the Division Chair or Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach the equivalent of 30-teaching load hours during an academic year
- Hold classes/clinical sessions as scheduled; be on time for clinical
- Design assignments and/or give required assignments to measure student learning
- Provide clear and concise feedback to students in a timely manner (generally within two weeks)
- Check and respond to all emails within two business days
- Post the syllabus, faculty information, and a welcome announcement for Preview Week and maintain a current gradebook in the Learning Management System
- Hold required office hours
- Assist students and direct them to appropriate resources
- Contribute to student retention and completion initiatives
- Participate in outcomes assessment and respond to data
- Collaborate with student support offices and professionals
- Report grades and reconcile incomplete grades as necessary
- Engage in professional development
- Attend required meetings and complete mandatory trainings
- Serve on committees to support the college mission
- Adapt to emerging challenges and demands to serve the college and its students
- Follow policies as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Master’s Degree in a related field and 18 graduate hours in the field in which they teach.
- Prior teaching experience at college level
- Ability to use technology in teaching
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
This position will be placed on the 10-month College faculty salary scale. Posted salary range is for Assistant Professor level; however, actual salary and faculty rank placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package.
This work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance College policies and of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a college vehicle.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
TO QUALIFY FOR EMPLOYMENT, SELECTED CANDIDATES MUST:
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.