Assistant Professor in Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and StrategyJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by September 22, 2022. Second consideration may be given to applications received by October 22, 2022. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (October 22, 2022) may not be given full consideration.Union:
URl’s College of Business is the first accredited business school in the State of Rhode Island and recognized for its leadership in business education, research, and outreach. The College of Business is the only institution in Rhode Island with AACSB accredited programs at the undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD levels and a separate accreditation for its Accounting program.
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship major, minor and certificate programs combine strong academic scholarship and rigorous theoretical and empirical research with immersive, practice-based learning opportunities for students in startup and venture capital, social entrepreneurship and impact investing, corporate innovation and technology commercialization, and creativity and entrepreneurial thinking. As part of the Management area in the College of Business, our faculty publish regularly in top management and entrepreneurship journals, including the Academy of Management Journal, the Journal of Management, the Journal of Business Ethics, and Organization Science, among many others.
Located in the historic village of Kingston; the main campus of the University of Rhode Island is close to the ocean and major beaches. Our 1,200-acre campus is a handsome mix of ivy-covered buildings and contemporary architecture. It is 30 miles south of Providence, and within easy reach of Newport, Boston, and New York City. In 2018, the core of the Kingston Campus was named to the National Register of Historic places.
In addition to the main campus (Kingston Campus), there are three other campuses throughout the state. The Alan Shaw Feinstein College of Education and Professional Studies and the Rhode Island Nursing Education Center are in Providence. The Narragansett Bay Campus houses the Graduate School of Oceanography.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship and one of the following: social entrepreneurship, sustainability, commercialization and/or strategy.
Conducting research and publishing in high-quality journals as listed in ABDC or other highly reputable listing such as UT Dallas, or Financial Times 50.
College/university-level service is required. The position will support recruitment, advising, retention and co-curricular activities for students in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship major, minor and certificate programs.
1. An earned PhD in Management (by August 2022) from an AACSB accredited Business School or a doctorate in a related field with similar accreditation.
2. Evidence of research potential (e.g. published papers in high-quality journals, manuscripts under review and/or revise-and-resubmit, presentations in peer-reviewed conferences).
3. Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
1. Experience or expertise in emerging technologies, design thinking, blue tech, small/new firm finance, venture bootstrapping and scale-up.
2. Research program in one or more of these areas: entrepreneurship, innovation and technology transfer, sustainability, and strategy.
3. Experience teaching at the undergraduate level and/or graduate level.
4. Demonstrated evidence of scholarly publication.
5. Experience in grant writing, preferably in collaborative projects.
6. Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses in various modalities.
7. Demonstrated ability to engage in innovative teaching on an individual and team basis.
8. Demonstrated ability to engage in service activities; e.g. at the college, university, and professional levels.
9. Demonstrated ability to engage in service activities; e.g. within the regional, state and the business communities.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentDepartment:
Dean, College of Business Contact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 4 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:Position Number:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae
(#3) Other Document – Evidence of Teaching Quality and Impact: course materials; syllabus, evaluations, awards, etc. and Evidence of Research Quality (all as one complete pdf document).
(#4) “Other Document – References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (outside of URI).
07/27/2022Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: