Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Job Summary The Postdoctoral Fellow is responsible for uploading, tracking and entering all IND safety reports for all active studies; uploading and maintaining documents in the eRegulatory systems for all studies; provide regulatory support to regulatory coordinators which includes but is not limited to: initial submissions, amendments, continuations and annual reports, ensuring the submissions are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; assist with obtaining local approvals (biosafety, radiation safety, IT requests, etc.); obtaining electronic and ink signatures; Assist in uploading documents, training and onboarding of staff and faculty for sponsor regulatory management systems. Additional regulatory duties as needed. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Perform a variety of experimental studies including cell biology and molecular biology experiments. Experiments may include but not be limited to: performing genotyping, western blot, real time PCR, immunohistochemistry and various microscopy and imaging techniques.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of techniques developed by own research activities or report by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentialityExcellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesShift/Salary/Benefits Shift: Days; Monday - Friday (Work outside of normal business hours may be required) Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position.Recruitment Period: Until Filled
Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.