Associate Athletics Director - Student-Athlete Health & WellnessAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
AthleticsProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Health, Wellness will lead a comprehensive high-performance team, to include sports medicine, performance nutrition, strength and conditioning, and mental wellness, with the goal of developing and supporting innovative strategies that increase the efficiencies and effectiveness of the high-performance group and the ability to optimize student-athlete health, wellness, and performance of the A&M Commerce 9 varsity athletics teams and its more than 300 student-athletes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enhance the integrative synergies among the high-performance groups, practitioners, Student Health Services, academic researchers, and industry partners to leverage the multidisciplinary resources of the University, and the North East Texas area to maximize creative resourcing opportunities and ensure the implementation of best practices.
- Lead, inspire, and hold accountable the high-performance directors of the units mentioned above, and serve as the conduit to athletics leadership with the focus on optimizing communication, clearly defining and articulating strategies that address the needs of the high-performance areas, and fostering key relationships and partnership that support efforts to enhance student-athlete health and wellness.
- Become familiar and comply with Athletic Department, Conference, and NCAA regulations
- Athletics primary liaison to University Counseling Center
- Oversight of Responsible Lions program
- Supervises Student –Care Team – involving a cross-representation of campus and athletics partners to ensure quality student-athlete experience.
- Maintains physical examination, injury, treatment and medication records on all athletes.
- Coordinates insurance claims with parents’ insurance carriers and oversees the submission of medical bills to the athletic business manager.
- Acts as a liaison and supervises the medical care with the team physicians, Student Health Center, EMS, local physicians and hospitals for students athletes
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- Reports and coordinates student-athlete’s injuries and their playing/practice status with the head coaches.
**This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
- Education: Master’s degree from accredited institution.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Five (5) years as certified professional athletic trainer. Three (3) years of Head athletic training experience at college/university level as a professional. Minimum of eighteen (18) graduate hours in Health/Kinesiology, Athletic Training, Sports Medicine, or related field. Administrative experience. Team contact sports experience.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, Certified, in good standing
- Physical Requirements:
- Other Requirements: Daily practice, game and travel coverage. This position requires work hours that are outside the normal hours of operation. This could include, but is not limited to, the hours before or after 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., night programs/events that are on or off campus, and weekend office hours or special events that require representation.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Instructor’s certification in CPR/First Aid. EMT/Paramedic License. Strength and conditioning certification. Athletic Training Student supervision. Head Athletic Trainer experience at the college level. College football experience. Leadership and management experience. Working with an approved CAAHEP/CAATE program. Approved Clinical instructor experience. Professional committee assignments. Professional organization involvement.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All Athletic Trainers, Graduate Assistants, Team Physicians and Athletic Training Students.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.