Job Location: Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Admin - Clerical
The Coordinator of Alumni Programs supports the Office of Alumni Relations through event programming, young alumni engagement, and communications support. This role works collaboratively with the Institutional Advancement team, staff, faculty, and student organizations to inspire alumni engagementwith a particular focus on alumni of the last 10 years. Duties:
- Assists with planning and coordination for Alumni Relations events, including but not limited to: Homecoming, Reunion, Alumni Luncheons, Jubilee, and other engagement opportunities;
- Contributes to the Alumni Relations social media accounts with creation of content and planning;
- Develops a young alumni strategy, with assistance from the Director of Alumni Engagement, to help drive alumni engagement within the target audience of the last 10 years;
- Provides vision, leadership, and oversight to the Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow (formerly Student Alumni Association) leadership and its committees;
- Assists with the development and implementation of all student programs that support the Universitys strategic plan;
- Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, and nationally; maintain regular communication via direct contact, email, web pages, and print publications;
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Institutional Advancement; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Director of Alumni Engagement; Manager of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving; Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Institutional Advancement staff; University President and Presidents Administrative Assistant, Board of Trustee members, alumni, donors, and other members of the University community.Supervision
Reports to and receives supervision from the Director of Alumni Engagement. Works under general direction towards broadly defined objectives; refer specific problems to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement when clarification or interpretation of organizational policies are involved. Education
Entry Level; Experience in Higher Education a plusWork Schedule
M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; nights and weekends as needed.Specialized Training
An understanding of social media and Microsoft OfficePhysical Demands
Extended amounts of time on the computer and long periods of time sitting.Skills/Attributes Customer Service:
- Exhibits a donor first orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations;
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and division needs and expectations; anticipates, identifies and meets donors needs; and,
- Available for evening and weekend work, as necessary.
- Communicates, cooperates and collaborates with others to achieve common office, division, and University goals; and,
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities, as appropriate within the Office of Institutional Advancement during times of high-service demands.
- Develops and nurtures an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty, staff, and coworkers, maintaining appropriate level of professionalism;
- Communicates information clearly and concisely and listens well to others; and,
- Possesses strong communications skills and strengths in public speaking.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary, assuming initiative for creative problem solving;
- Accomplishes tasks with follow through to completion;
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office
- Computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; high level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work and some regional and national travel.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer